I picked up 12 'sexed' chicks from the feed store in early March. The bin was EEs, BOs, BRs, SLWs, Speckled Sussex, Partridge Rock, and Welsummer. I can't tell the PRs from the Welsummers because I'm new to those breeds. The others are fairly obvious as far as breed is concerned, but there are 3 chicks that I'm on Rooster Watch for.
1. I'm an EE, and I'm a pretty boy. This one I'm 95% on-- thicker legs, comb started pinking up at 3 weeks, patches of color, red/copper coming in on wings and shoulders, and look at that tail!
2. Both boys (?) together. The chick on the left is either a PR or a Welsummer (can anyone confirm?) and I'm 60% sure it's a roo. Early comb growth, and look at those wattles. I have a picture of my other PR/Welsummer who looks more like a pullet.
3. Two SLWs with very differing coloring. One primarily black, one with much more white coming through on breast, throat, and head. Is the white one a roo and the black one a pullet?
4. EE who looks mostly like a pullet, but the dark coloring on the head and problematic red patch on the wing have me worried. Pretty pullet, or unimpressive roo?
5. PR/Welsummer probable roo. Yes?
6. PR/Welsummer probable pullet. Yes? And SS next to her in the lower picture?