Hi Backyard Chickens,
I finally did it. I've wanted to do it for years. And now I have 5 chickens! I have no idea what they are (breed or sex) ... the store gave me a discount bc they were mixed up.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes! Brand new! They are almost 3 weeks old now.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 5 Chickens inside.
(3) What breeds do you have? We don't know. We think little Chipmunk is an Easter Egger, Oreo a Barred Rock, Stepper (? Large blonde with feathers on feet), ChicPea (? beautiful little grey / grey blue with feathers on ankles), and Goldie (? HUGE!! 140 grams in week 2, now suddenly 370grams! Blonde, enormous feet, is this a rooster? Maybe a turkey? haha)
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Internet search for help / advice.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening, wild edibles, hiking, biking, boating / paddle boarding.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have two rescued cats that are the best cats I've ever had ... love them. Hoping for success with the chickens ... for fun, for eggs, and maybe they will help me with the bugs in my backyard.
Thanks in advance for any tips or advice!