I found a great little coop on craigslist but I am wondering if I should be worried about disinfecting it. It is quite clean considering but definitely has been used. My chicks are still in the brooder and will be for a few more weeks yet. Are there any diseases or parasites that could live on the surfaces or do they die out overtime. Any suggestions on what to clean it with that would be safe for young birds. Thanks!
How to disinfect used coop?
I would use a bleach solution, not much can survive bleach.
I have one of those one gallon garden sprayers. I add approx. one cup of bleach and the rest water. If you buy a generic bleach add more as just like with laundry detergent the cheaper it is the more water that is added to the product.
How long ago did the coop have chickens in it?