post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 
Hi! My Cochin got bit by a coyote about 6 days ago. I had her inside and cleaned her up within minutes of it happening and have bandaged and cleaned it twice a day since. As far as I can tell it isn't infected, but the "meat" and skin is kind of yellow looking. Her comb and wattles are still a good red color and she's eating, drinking, and even laying normally. I picked up some penicillin today and am wondering, at this point, if I should give it as a preventative against infection or just wait and only give it if I see signs of infection. She is missing about 2" of skin on her back.