New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

5 Chicks' Gender?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

So my chicks are 5 weeks old, and I was wondering which chick is a hen or a rooster since I couldn't tell when they were a bit younger. I need help because I'm stumped. They are Japanese Bantams and here are pictures of them:

 

I have a few guess but I need some advice. Thanks for all your help! :jumpy:cd

post #2 of 8
Looks like 1 & 4 are male to me
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherybird View Post
 

So my chicks are 5 weeks old, and I was wondering which chick is a hen or a rooster since I couldn't tell when they were a bit younger. I need help because I'm stumped. They are Japanese Bantams and here are pictures of them:

 

I have a few guess but I need some advice. Thanks for all your help! :jumpy:cd

The white one looks like your only pullet. The rest are too pink, too early.

post #4 of 8

the only pullet I see is the white one  - sorry.

                                         Please visit  "Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN"pop.gif

                                                           Movie  reviews    & comments -   welcome                                                 

Reply

                                         Please visit  "Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN"pop.gif

                                                           Movie  reviews    & comments -   welcome                                                 

Reply
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
thanks, but I doubt she is the only hen. She is the by far the youngest and he smallest. I think I still have three hens. They are close to have all their adult feathers in a few weeks and they are bound be growing into their adult sized combs. But any more news would help plenty!
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherybird View Post

thanks, but I doubt she is the only hen. She is the by far the youngest and he smallest. I think I still have three hens. They are close to have all their adult feathers in a few weeks and they are bound be growing into their adult sized combs. But any more news would help plenty!

Regardless of breed, a 5 week old pullet would not have a pink comb. The white is the only chick that looks like it might be a pullet. The rest are cockerels for sure.

post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumstick diva View Post

the only pullet I see is the white one  - sorry.
x2
When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere
When I don’t measure up to much in this life
Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ (forgiven ~ Sanctus real))
http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081999/chickenlover200s-new-chat-thread/10#post_16651351
Please join my chat thread. AND check out the Weekly Peep it's back! Thanks!
~CL200~
Reply
When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere
When I don’t measure up to much in this life
Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ (forgiven ~ Sanctus real))
http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081999/chickenlover200s-new-chat-thread/10#post_16651351
Please join my chat thread. AND check out the Weekly Peep it's back! Thanks!
~CL200~
Reply
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherybird View Post
 

So my chicks are 5 weeks old, and I was wondering which chick is a hen or a rooster since I couldn't tell when they were a bit younger. I need help because I'm stumped. They are Japanese Bantams and here are pictures of them:

 

I have a few guess but I need some advice. Thanks for all your help! :jumpy:cd


1, 3, 4, and 5 are roosters, and 2 is a pullet. And, yes she is definitely the only pullet in this flock, pullets this age would NOT have that red of combs and wattles as the other ones do. I mean sure you could say some are "Early bloomer pullets" but it isn't likely at all. So sorry :(


Edited by ftfarmer22 - 4/19/16 at 8:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: What Breed Or Gender is This?