Good morning! Stacie here! I just got my first chickens as a grown up today! i am so excited!
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? my parents raised chickens all my life
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 6 hens
(3) What breeds do you have? i just got basic pullets from Tractor Supply to start out. ISA Red was what they were labeled. I have a few friends interested in swapping hens so this will be a good start.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Random search
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Trail running, gardening
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We have a west highland terrier a lab and an African grey parrot. Both my husband and I work in university recreation departments. I am really excited for my boys to learn about raising chickens. Some day we would like to own a small hobby farm!