(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes I'm new to chickens. When I started dating my boyfriend he had bantams so I guess about a year ago?
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Sadly we have 3 right now we've had some bad luck with hawks and such.
(3) What breeds do you have?
Bantam: Cochin, Japanese, and an Old English.
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Hmm... I'm sure it was from googling chicken things. Ive been a lurker for a while now.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fish keeping, playing games (3ds/pc games)...
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
1 cat Ariadne, 2 dogs Bentley (lab), Brutus (chihuahua), 10 fish Kipling, Anastasia, Silas (bettas), Masala (dwarf gourami), Vivian, Richard, Oliver, Fiona (platys), Henry, Oswald (ottos).
My baby chickens Millie (cochin), Hiro (jap) Franny (olg eng).
I have to name my pets and yes even my fish! It helps form a connection with my babies.
I just recently got 15 call ducks and we are going to pick up 2 Midget White turkeys from ChickInn Ranch.
We are also going to be ordering 25 more bantams soon! We love our small breeds :)