BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Geese › Gosling emergency!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gosling emergency!!

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
i just saw the feed I got doesn't have niacin but we have Brewers yeast and got the right feed and niacin tablets today
He has some niacin and Gatorade in his water and isn't eating much
He has
Green diarrhea poop or white poop
Weak neck
Legs are spread like spraddle leg
Can't walk
Screams when he tries to move
Heavy breathing
His veins are showing around his nose too
Can sit up on his knees occasionally
He tries to peep sometimes but nothing comes out
Trembling
Seems too hot but when I open the window it doesn't do much
He is a month or two old

What more can I do for him???!!
post #2 of 9

This sounds more serious than just a niacin deficiency. Could he have gotten into something toxic? What feed was he on?

                 Say NO to Crested Ducks!         My BYC Interview     Raising Ducks      Geese 101

 

Previously Raised:

Java Green Peafowl l  Guineas l Turkeys l Icelandic Chickens

Call Ducks l Mallards 

Pomeranian Geese l White Chinese Geese 

Reply

                 Say NO to Crested Ducks!         My BYC Interview     Raising Ducks      Geese 101

 

Previously Raised:

Java Green Peafowl l  Guineas l Turkeys l Icelandic Chickens

Call Ducks l Mallards 

Pomeranian Geese l White Chinese Geese 

Reply
post #3 of 9
Botulism is a possibility. Need to flush him.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
He was on an all purpose, he is supervised 85% of the time, the other 15% is spent in the brooder which is cleaned daily along with his water, because I don't like him unsupervised or around paint and such when I'm working as a farm hand; also he is eating more now and made a solid poop
post #5 of 9

I agree with the above poster about trying to flush him. You should be able to find charcoal supplements at at local health store. I think many grocery stores carry them as well. 

                 Say NO to Crested Ducks!         My BYC Interview     Raising Ducks      Geese 101

 

Previously Raised:

Java Green Peafowl l  Guineas l Turkeys l Icelandic Chickens

Call Ducks l Mallards 

Pomeranian Geese l White Chinese Geese 

Reply

                 Say NO to Crested Ducks!         My BYC Interview     Raising Ducks      Geese 101

 

Previously Raised:

Java Green Peafowl l  Guineas l Turkeys l Icelandic Chickens

Call Ducks l Mallards 

Pomeranian Geese l White Chinese Geese 

Reply
post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 
I haven't gotten any Charcoal yet, how much would I give him and what dose, also he is almost himself today but is walking backwards on his knees whenever he tries to get up, one leg appears weaker than the other but he is making progress
post #7 of 9
Search Google on the dosage of molasses as an avian laxative.
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
I gave him some, hE apPears to bE becoming bow legged
post #9 of 9
For now legging his niacin intake will need to be increased with additional exercise.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Geese
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Geese › Gosling emergency!!