We wanted to introduce ourselves.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, we are new to chickens and we got our first 6 at the end of March 2016 and a week later got the other 2 (April)
(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We have 8 Sisters
(3) What breeds do you have? 1 Lakenvelder, 1 Andalusian, 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Rhode Island Reds, 1 Partridge Rock & 1 Polish Black Top
(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Matt found BYC first and did a lot of reading before we purchased the chicks in March.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Matt is an avid gardener, CJ is an herbalist.
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. We are Grandparents! We have two grandchildren with one on the way, and more to follow, we pray!! CJ has a Service Animal who is now 12 years old, we have a Siamese Cat & a handicap Persian Cat. We live in Colorado and love it!
We have tons of questions and want to do it all right the first time!
Here we have learned so much about chickens, brooders, houses, eggs and breeds!
Thank you for having such a wonderful site!
CJ & Matt