New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Day 19 HELP!!

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 

its my first time incubating and I have a little giant stirafome still air incubator, Iam on day 19 now and have been on lock down scince day 18, but this morning I hear peeps and 2 of my eggs have pipped, and I can hear one peeping, but its been all day and they haven't unzipped the shell, should I assist the chick is LOUDLY peeping, and I am trying to not intervene, the other egg is pipping upside down so I used a wooded skewer to gently move it so it is on its side now, but no progress from that one, but I think it has broken the membrane, however I don't think the other one that is peeping loudly had broken it because I can see the beek but there is a clear film over it, is this okay?!? please help!!!! the humidity is 68 and the heat is 100.4

post #2 of 8

Temp maybe a tid high but I would not touch it because you do not want it to go to low.  It may take a while for them to zip all the way.  There is no clear answer to the should I help question.  Best of luck

I live in Northeastern New Mexico. Live on a 2.5 acres with my husband of 38 yrs.(husband pass away 6/13/16), 2 dogs, 2 cats,    I have SLC, Blue laced Red Wy, Partridge Cochin, Blue, Black & White Cochins, Americanas, Cuckoo Marans Roo, Dominque Roo,  Blue Bar Roo, Buff Orps, Lavender Wy, Black & Blue French Cooper Marans, French Wheaton Marans, Cuckoo Marans , Dominque , Blue bar  Whiting...

Reply

I live in Northeastern New Mexico. Live on a 2.5 acres with my husband of 38 yrs.(husband pass away 6/13/16), 2 dogs, 2 cats,    I have SLC, Blue laced Red Wy, Partridge Cochin, Blue, Black & White Cochins, Americanas, Cuckoo Marans Roo, Dominque Roo,  Blue Bar Roo, Buff Orps, Lavender Wy, Black & Blue French Cooper Marans, French Wheaton Marans, Cuckoo Marans , Dominque , Blue bar  Whiting...

Reply
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandy21410 View Post
 

its my first time incubating and I have a little giant stirafome still air incubator, Iam on day 19 now and have been on lock down scince day 18, but this morning I hear peeps and 2 of my eggs have pipped, and I can hear one peeping, but its been all day and they haven't unzipped the shell, should I assist the chick is LOUDLY peeping, and I am trying to not intervene, the other egg is pipping upside down so I used a wooded skewer to gently move it so it is on its side now, but no progress from that one, but I think it has broken the membrane, however I don't think the other one that is peeping loudly had broken it because I can see the beek but there is a clear film over it, is this okay?!? please help!!!! the humidity is 68 and the heat is 100.4

Temps are fine considering still air recommendations are 101-102.

 

It can take 24 hours for a chic to go from pip to zip. I try not to interfer for at least 18 hours, then I check them and unless there's something noticeably wrong, I give them till closer to 24 before starting an assist.

 

Are they out or made any progress now?

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #4 of 8

I had some of my chicks take all day to finally unzip, are they wiggling around at least?

post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post

Temps are fine considering still air recommendations are 101-102.

It can take 24 hours for a chic to go from pip to zip. I try not to interfer for at least 18 hours, then I check them and unless there's something noticeably wrong, I give them till closer to 24 before starting an assist.

Are they out or made any progress now?
Yes the 2 are out and peeping arround they both hatched yesterday in the evening, do u think i should leave the 2 that hatched in the incubator until the others hatch there still not fluffy yet? Or take them out nd put them under a light in the brooder? Thank u for ur help i appreciate it i have no idea what iam doing.
post #6 of 8

I take mine out and put them all in the brooder. They fluff up better under the brooder light for me because I run my humidity high at hatch time.

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #7 of 8

I do not take mine out till they are fluffy.... They help the other ones hatch.

post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnfae611 View Post

I do not take mine out till they are fluffy.... They help the other ones hatch.
Ok thats what i thought but its been like 16 hours and they are still not fluffy i think it is because of the humidity. It is pecking at the other eggs hard is that normal? Again thank u for the help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs