New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First egg!!

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
Found my first egg in the coop today! Think it's from my golden buff because my other 3 hens are brown egg layers [astrolorp, orpington and barred rock) she's 18 weeks old!!
Edited by crazybirdlady79 - 5/4/16 at 6:08pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybirdlady79 View Post

Found my first egg in the coop today! Think it's from my golden buff because my other 3 hens are brown egg layers [astrolorp, orpington and barred rock) she's 18 weeks old!!

Congratulations!

What color is the egg you got?  Asking because "Golden Buff" is a proprietary name used by some hatcheries to market golden sex links which are brown egg layers like the other breeds you have listed.  The actual shade of the "brown" can vary quite a bit and some "brown" eggs look almost white.

Where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket?
Reply
Where are we going, and why are we in this hand basket?
Reply
post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Grey Mare View Post

Congratulations!
What color is the egg you got?  Asking because "Golden Buff" is a proprietary name used by some hatcheries to market golden sex links which are brown egg layers like the other breeds you have listed.  The actual shade of the "brown" can vary quite a bit and some "brown" eggs look almost white.

I just posted a picture and it's white/off white
Here's my girls
post #4 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybirdlady79 View Post

I just posted a picture and it's white/off white
Here's my girls


It seems like it's my barred rock laying. She's been doing the "egg song" too. But they seem to be whitish eggs instead of brown? Just found my second egg after she sand her song while I was weed wacking the yard. Could she be sending for the buff star hybrid maybe and pretending they are hers? Here's a pic of the second egg today....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying