New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help! - Page 3

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick786 View Post

Its a yellow one off of ebay i got it 2-3 years ago always given me 80% hatch rate dont know whats up with it this time maybe time to replace it. But i need these eggs to hatch got some rare indian game and gold partridge brahmas in there

Oh yeah.  I really think the gage has gotten off. It happens especially after a few hatches. If you have the water wells all filled, I wouldn't worry too much about the humidity unless you see condensation on the bator, then I'd crack it open and let a little out.  :fl  That you have some luck with these.

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post

Oh yeah.  I really think the gage has gotten off. It happens especially after a few hatches. If you have the water wells all filled, I wouldn't worry too much about the humidity unless you see condensation on the bator, then I'd crack it open and let a little out.  fl.gif   That you have some luck with these.
[/quote

there is comdensation on the inside of the incubator its been like this since day 1 mlst of my hatches are like this
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick786 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post

Oh yeah.  I really think the gage has gotten off. It happens especially after a few hatches. If you have the water wells all filled, I wouldn't worry too much about the humidity unless you see condensation on the bator, then I'd crack it open and let a little out.  fl.gif   That you have some luck with these.
[/quote

there is comdensation on the inside of the incubator its been like this since day 1 mlst of my hatches are like this
is it dangerous of i open the incubator to let out the condensation.
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by chick786 View Post


is it dangerous of i open the incubator to let out the condensation.

I'm a hands on hatcher, I open often during hatch. With no pips there's no question it's safe. You usually have 80% hatches and your humidity is high enough the first 17 days to produce condensation? I am truely amazed. Seriously.

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post

I'm a hands on hatcher, I open often during hatch. With no pips there's no question it's safe. You usually have 80% hatches and your humidity is high enough the first 17 days to produce condensation? I am truely amazed. Seriously.

Ive never had a problem fortunately enough i only put in 12 16 eggs at time
post #26 of 27
Thread Starter 

Duck foot!

So we candled the eggs today. Thankfully the humidity has been staying down! 🙌
Out of 9 duck eggs, we have 8 that are moving around. The last one died early.. 😕 and we put 4 chicken eggs in and all 4 have movement as well. Its been 7 days for the chicken eggs and 14 for the ducks. One duck egg, I didnt see any movement until I put the light at the top. We caught video of it moving its little foot and kicking the egg shell lol. The kids and I enjoyed watching it!
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaDucken View Post


Duck foot!

So we candled the eggs today. Thankfully the humidity has been staying down! 🙌
Out of 9 duck eggs, we have 8 that are moving around. The last one died early.. 😕 and we put 4 chicken eggs in and all 4 have movement as well. Its been 7 days for the chicken eggs and 14 for the ducks. One duck egg, I didnt see any movement until I put the light at the top. We caught video of it moving its little foot and kicking the egg shell lol. The kids and I enjoyed watching it!

:thumbsup

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs