New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Not sure whats wrong??

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
Hi, This hen of mine has been acting strange lately like standing in a corner and I don't think shes been laying either. Her comb has gotten floppier and her one eye is closed a lot. It doesn't look puffy or anything to me, so I don't think she got stung by anything.. If anyone can help me figure out what's wrong I'd be very thankful.
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by talline View Post

Hi, This hen of mine has been acting strange lately like standing in a corner and I don't think shes been laying either. Her comb has gotten floppier and her one eye is closed a lot. It doesn't look puffy or anything to me, so I don't think she got stung by anything.. If anyone can help me figure out what's wrong I'd be very thankful.


what breed and age is she?

 

when my chickens act strange I give them vitamins and watch them.

post #3 of 4
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickengr View Post


what breed and age is she?

when my chickens act strange I give them vitamins and watch them.

Shes a rhode island red and about a year old. I put electrolytes in her water.
All of my other hens are doing good.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by talline View Post


Shes a rhode island red and about a year old. I put electrolytes in her water.
All of my other hens are doing good.


unfortunately it could be anything. watch her and the others. I always have antibiotics on hand but I first try vitamins, electrolytes and herbs (oregano, thyme, basil, nettle...). I also give them some chopped garlic and cayenne pepper.

 

did you warm your chickens? watch their poop for worms. check her for lice and mites as well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home