1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
A 1.5 year old buff orpington hen. Doesn't feel noticeably lighter.
2) What is the behavior, exactly.
Extreme lethargy and today came home to her plopped down, legs out, puffed up feathers, some saliva running out of her mouth and down her breast. Mouth keeps opening and tongue comes out. Looks like she is trying to choke something up.
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
Has been lethargic for about 5 days now and just today did the drooling start.
4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
Have had a rooster up until this past weekend which we re-homed for being a bit aggressive towards us. We recently moved in about a month ago (moved the flock with us).
7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
Same layer pellets they've been getting since they started laying. Waterers cleaned regularly with ACV and a bit of ACV added into the water. No poisonous plants on the property.
8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
Normal but not much because of decreased food consumption.
9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
Isolated her from the flock and provided food and water. Going to try dripping electrolyte water into her mouth.
10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
Not wanting to go to the vet but I'm willing to go buy some medication.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
I can post some in a bit.
12) Describe the housing/bedding in use
A 5x6x4 foot coop with straw bedding that stays dry and maintained clean of droppings. Small vents in the coop. The flock lays and sleeps in the coop but free range during the day.
Edited by ChickenInTheFog - 5/20/16 at 6:06pm