1. How do you guys feed your quail the eggshells? i understand they have to be crushed, but how much? When crushed, do i mix them with something?
2. So far i only found 20% feed, bought 50lb bag. Can't find anything higher, so dry mealworms will have to do for a while as a boost. Last time got them crickets, my 7 year old daughter was crying and praying they would run away while saying "poor crickets".
besides crumbles, they are getting lettuce, some other grains, brocolli, corn etc... :) Is lower protein food ok, with substitutes/additions?
3. The Roo, he tries and tries and fails;) I have 1roo and 4 hens. As far as i know my quails are 6-7 weeks old? Should i eat him in order to get eggs;)? I get one a day.
4. My Cage/pen has a roof, they are outside all the time, but not in the direct sunlight. Should i modify it, so they get more light?
5. Led nightlight in the box? Was thinking of putting one of those solar powered led lights on top of the "night" box so they have some light at night time. Im trying to convince them to sleep inside ;)
Here is a link to my setup. http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1106713/need-some-advice-on-freshly-built-coop