I had 65 R.I.R and White Leghorns. I'm down to 40 and most of them are sick. It started about 4 weeks ago, I lost one then another a few days later. I didn't notice any symptoms the first two weeks. They became very lethargic and were not laying or eating very much at all. After about two weeks I noticed one making sounds while it was breathing and I could see her beak was swollen a little. Now I notice several more having the same symptoms. No blood in poop, it looks normal. Things I have tried since I lost the second one about 4 weeks ago.
2. OXYTETRACYCLINE powder in their drinking water
3. Rubbed their head with warm VetRx
4. Sprayed with poultry lice spray
5. Corid liquid mixed in drinking water
6. I gave each one a shot of .5 cc penicillin
I have not found the answer yet and I have read numerous threads to try and find something that will work.
I don't no of any vets in my area that will look a chickens.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!