I'm going to start hatching eggs in the future, and i have a few questions. i know these might sound stupid, but I'm gonna ask them anyway.
1. when do the chicks come out of the incubator and into the brooder? (how long after they hatch)
2. how important is it that i put mesh on the bottom of the incubator? i know i have to put mesh around the light and fan, but what about the bottom?
3. do i need to put glass in the "view window" or can i use plexiglass?
4. is hardware cloth what i should use, or some other type of mesh?
5. is it better to have a humidity reader and thermometer together, or separately (1 or 2 instruments)? does it matter where in the incubator they are?
6. is it better to have a fan or not for a first time hatcher? if i need one, does it matter what type?
7. does it matter where the bowl of water is placed?
thanks so much for answering my questions, I'm sorry if they are stupid!!