Unfortunately one of my chicks got a hold of a longish (2 feet??) piece of thick string (thin rope) and swallowed a majority of it...I saw it with about 8 inches still hanging out of her mouth..I tried gently tugging at it to see if I could get it out, or at least a little, but realized quickly I could not without hurting the bird. I snipped the rest off with scissors and she quickly swallowed it all. She's only 5 weeks old..I am worried this is going to kill her!! Does anyone have any advice or stories of chickens surviving something like this??