BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › What Breed Or Gender is This? › I think I may have a roo.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think I may have a roo.....

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

Of (4) Australorp chicks (2-weeks old), one of them stands out as different. The comb looks different than the other (3) and it makes the most noise when people are around. This one looks a little larger in size than the others as well. Really new into chickens, but the differences stacked up seem to point toward our having (3) hens and (1) roo. Any thoughts?

 

 

 


Edited by BamaBowdens - 6/4/16 at 7:20am
post #2 of 5

It is *possible* but at this age it could go either way. 

Have any questions about breeds and gender? Check out What Breed Or Gender is This? fourm for help.  

Be sure to join the What did you have for breakfast this morning? thread! 

Check out these articels:
 

Are you writer? Please share your chicken related articles here: BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

 

ht...

Reply

Have any questions about breeds and gender? Check out What Breed Or Gender is This? fourm for help.  

Be sure to join the What did you have for breakfast this morning? thread! 

Check out these articels:
 

Are you writer? Please share your chicken related articles here: BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

 

ht...

Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Girl1 View Post
 

It is *possible* but at this age it could go either way. 


Thanks, I knew it was a still very early to tell, just noticing the different behavior and wondering. I posted comb picks of the one we think is the roo as well as of one of the other 3 for comparison. I definitely appreciate the help and advise from all the members here. Looking forward to getting to know you better over the years.

 

Thanks, again, for your thoughts!

post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBowdens View Post
 


Thanks, I knew it was a still very early to tell, just noticing the different behavior and wondering. I posted comb picks of the one we think is the roo as well as of one of the other 3 for comparison. I definitely appreciate the help and advise from all the members here. Looking forward to getting to know you better over the years.

 

Thanks, again, for your thoughts!

I hope its a girl! But it has a good chance of being a cockerel :/. Keep us posted as it grows!

Have any questions about breeds and gender? Check out What Breed Or Gender is This? fourm for help.  

Be sure to join the What did you have for breakfast this morning? thread! 

Check out these articels:
 

Are you writer? Please share your chicken related articles here: BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

 

ht...

Reply

Have any questions about breeds and gender? Check out What Breed Or Gender is This? fourm for help.  

Be sure to join the What did you have for breakfast this morning? thread! 

Check out these articels:
 

Are you writer? Please share your chicken related articles here: BYC Article Writing Contest #8 - Write and Win!

 

ht...

Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Girl1 View Post
 

I hope its a girl! But it has a good chance of being a cockerel :/. Keep us posted as it grows!


Thanks! We will keep photos updated. I need to post other pics of our babies when we get moved and settled into their new home.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: What Breed Or Gender is This?
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › What Breed Or Gender is This? › I think I may have a roo.....