When we had got our chickens home and we're giving them a once over before placing them in the coop we noticed 3 were banded with some thicker gauged wire that was to tight around most their legs. Two weren't to bad to remove and you could see the pressure marks left behind but the leg and foot seemed to be okay. The one though was extremely bad, the ends had cut into the leg itself resulting in what appeared to be puss/blood from a possible infection beginning. Surprisingly the foot was still getting blood flow. We were able to remove the wire as least painfully as we could but it did bleed and revealed an open wound that we disinfected and will monitor to see how it heals.
Other than that crappy start with the wire bands, we are very much looking forward to having our chickens and beginning to work with them on training. Along those lines will also come introducing them and our two dogs to each other.
Thanks for reading![IMG]