This is the current situation...
4ft horse fencing backed with 2in x 4in metal fencing
Three 8 foot horse gates
In side that there is 3ft electric fence comprised of 165ft chicken netting the rest is strung electric fence pieces
There is only one grounding rod that we could only get in the ground about 5ft
50 mile charger
I do get a nice shock on the electric fence
Today during light hours Im pretty sure a fox and her pups got in killing 6 chickens
My thoughts to improve the situation but I'm unsure of and need advise on are
1. Is the electric fence not high enough and the fox can just jump over
2. Needs more grounding rods to get a better shock
3. Just need more strings of electric wire
4. Add chicken wire or hardware cloth to the gates
5. I will be separating the 2 acres into 6 sections with chicken wire and posts to rotate the girls. Would that create more deception for the foxes?
Please I am at a loss and so tired of foxes killing every pulley right before she lays. I need a solution that is fool proof!!!
Edited by annabellaknits - 6/8/16 at 1:56pm