BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes - Page 712

post #7111 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizepete View Post

I am so frustrated with my incubator. Cjs AC eggs internally piped then died. This is my third hatch like this, I calibrated everything so I thought it was fixed, I guess not. Brinsea has Been great, the person I emailed recommended I called. I didn't have time today so I will be calling on monday. I will be hatching with cheap eggs next.
that stinks I'm sorry hugs.gif I would deathly try next with some local cheap mutt eggs

6 Chickens, 2 call babies, 1 Lippitt Morgan mare, 1 bird hungry German Shepherd, 1 Daughter, and a very suspicious husband... 

and a bear that likes to destroy my coop and kill all my animals

 

My Incubator Build 

Incu Notes click HERE 

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1048640/avian-vet-search-links

Reply

6 Chickens, 2 call babies, 1 Lippitt Morgan mare, 1 bird hungry German Shepherd, 1 Daughter, and a very suspicious husband... 

and a bear that likes to destroy my coop and kill all my animals

 

My Incubator Build 

Incu Notes click HERE 

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1048640/avian-vet-search-links

Reply
post #7112 of 10479
I have an idea for a game! That someone would need to host other than me because it's a live game

A variation of battleship where the host has a board with marked off spots and then there are a few contestants that call out where they want to shoot at

I think this could be fun, but instead of battleships it could be sink my duck or chicken or whatever

Any ideas/thoughts/feedback ?

6 Chickens, 2 call babies, 1 Lippitt Morgan mare, 1 bird hungry German Shepherd, 1 Daughter, and a very suspicious husband... 

and a bear that likes to destroy my coop and kill all my animals

 

My Incubator Build 

Incu Notes click HERE 

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1048640/avian-vet-search-links

Reply

6 Chickens, 2 call babies, 1 Lippitt Morgan mare, 1 bird hungry German Shepherd, 1 Daughter, and a very suspicious husband... 

and a bear that likes to destroy my coop and kill all my animals

 

My Incubator Build 

Incu Notes click HERE 

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1048640/avian-vet-search-links

Reply
post #7113 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwayneNLiz View Post

I have an idea for a game! That someone would need to host other than me because it's a live game

A variation of battleship where the host has a board with marked off spots and then there are a few contestants that call out where they want to shoot at

I think this could be fun, but instead of battleships it could be sink my duck or chicken or whatever

Any ideas/thoughts/feedback ?
sounds fun

1 chihuahua, a cat, , 9 runner ducks, a border collie, and how many chickens????????????

Reply

1 chihuahua, a cat, , 9 runner ducks, a border collie, and how many chickens????????????

Reply
post #7114 of 10479
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by prizepete View Post
 

I am so frustrated with my incubator. Cjs AC eggs internally piped then died. This is my third hatch like this, I calibrated everything so I thought it was fixed, I guess not. Brinsea has Been great, the person I emailed recommended I called. I didn't have time today so I will be calling on monday. I will be hatching with cheap eggs next.

 

Oh no!!!   :hit

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroradream26 View Post


Aww, I'm sorry to hear that sad.png I hope they can help you get it working right. I know someone who also was having those issues with his Brinsea. He actualy let me borrow it to try it out. I was definitely not a fan. It took numerous sponges to keep the lockdown humidity up hmm.png

 

I'm not a fan of Brinsea either.  They started out great, but as they aged they became less reliable.  I sold all my Brinseas.  I now have a Sportsman.  So far so good, but I suspect the digital control panel will fail.  The incubator itself has been awesome.  Only  had it a year so far so we will see how it fares over time.

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwayneNLiz View Post

I have an idea for a game! That someone would need to host other than me because it's a live game

A variation of battleship where the host has a board with marked off spots and then there are a few contestants that call out where they want to shoot at

I think this could be fun, but instead of battleships it could be sink my duck or chicken or whatever

Any ideas/thoughts/feedback ?

 

Great idea!  :clap

post #7115 of 10479

Sounds like a fun game! Hope I can play!

@prizepete-I'm so sorry. I love my hovabator. so easy to use. the humidity kit did fail on me though so they sent me a new one. Its hard to lose such good eggs!!! @cjwaldon did you set those eggs???? :pop

post #7116 of 10479
Prizepete- do you live at a high altitude by chance? Shipped eggs coming from low altitude to high will cause lots of losses during lockdown when the chicks outgrow their oxygen supply.

Sorry for your bad hatches. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Reply

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Reply
post #7117 of 10479
Thread Starter 

I DID set the eggs - 29 of them, on Oct. 17.  The shells are little too dark for me to see how many are good yet.  Maybe tonight. 

post #7118 of 10479
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FridayYet View Post

Prizepete- do you live at a high altitude by chance? Shipped eggs coming from low altitude to high will cause lots of losses during lockdown when the chicks outgrow their oxygen supply.

Sorry for your bad hatches. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

 

What do you do different in high altitudes?

post #7119 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwaldon View Post

Oh no!!!   hit.gif




I'm not a fan of Brinsea either.  They started out great, but as they aged they became less reliable.  I sold all my Brinseas.  I now have a Sportsman.  So far so good, but I suspect the digital control panel will fail.  The incubator itself has been awesome.  Only  had it a year so far so we will see how it fares over time.





Great idea!  clap.gif

I also have a sportsman but it's an older 1202 model. I found it this spring on Craigslist for $200! The front wafer switch failed on me but I've been running it with just the backup one for a while now. I've had the best hatches ever since I got that thing. I use a styrofoam hovabator as a hatcher. Absolutely no complaints!
Quote:
Originally Posted by meltel View Post

Sounds like a fun game! Hope I can play!
@prizepete
-I'm so sorry. I love my hovabator. so easy to use. the humidity kit did fail on me though so they sent me a new one. Its hard to lose such good eggs!!! @cjwaldon
 did you set those eggs???? pop.gif

I'm all about GQF brand. I love both my hovabator and 1202 cabinet (not sure if that's actually considered a sportsman or not lol smile.png
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
post #7120 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwaldon View Post
 

I DID set the eggs - 29 of them, on Oct. 17.  The shells are little too dark for me to see how many are good yet.  Maybe tonight. 

Whoo Hoo!!! :weee:celebrate:fl

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes