BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes - Page 821

post #8201 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin Fluff View Post

hmm.png

I found a surprise today.  I thought I had lost a hen in the last couple weeks, couldn't find her anywhere.  I was cleaning up some things today and located her on a clutch of eggs.  th.gif As soon as it's dark, I am candling to see if I have any development.  No idea whose eggs she has and no idea if they are fertile.  I have May hatch cockerels in the pen but I have not done fertility checks.  She has been gone for at least a week, possibly longer so I hope there are at least a couple that are developing so she has something to show for her efforts.  smile.png

I am so glad that you found her safe! I lost a pullet the other day hmm.png it would be amazing to find her on a clutch of eggs.
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
post #8202 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroradream26 View Post


I am so glad that you found her safe! I lost a pullet the other day hmm.png it would be amazing to find her on a clutch of eggs.

Do you know I haven't lost a chicken yet? Mine are smart, stay together, and don't leave their designated mini-yards.

post #8203 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwaldon View Post

No pips yet. Very odd . . .

fl.gif

All of mine wait til last minute, day 21 spot on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroradream26 View Post

Maybe they want to take their time. I just had a hatch today, a day late. It was a lousy hatch though. Only 4 of 8. 2 of 6 CCL and 2 of 2 Marans. I Blame the fact that it was a new roo (that i don't know his age or history) and newly laying pullets. All eggs developed but 4 quit. Hopefully your babies are just being lazy smile.png

Here are the pictures of the new babies. Don't mind the messy brooder. They're in with the Ayam cemanis. Looks like 2 CCL cockerels, 1 BCM and 1 either wheaten Marans or wheaten Marans x RIR








I vote the one is wheatenxrir cross... lot of reddish down for pure wheaten... smile.png
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
post #8204 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavynFallen View Post

fl.gif

All of mine wait til last minute, day 21 spot on...
I vote the one is wheatenxrir cross... lot of reddish down for pure wheaten... smile.png

I realized that after looking at the pics. In the red light, it just looks yellow lol
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
post #8205 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroradream26 View Post

I realized that after looking at the pics. In the red light, it just looks yellow lol

Gotta love that red light... I always walk away and see in green for a long time afterwards... gig.gif
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
post #8206 of 10481
The pip I had yesterday was my only one... 1 Tolbunt... poor thing had major goop and had its head stuck to its wing stuck to its side... took me a little bit to carefully extract it... then I put it in a nice warm damp paper towel back into incubator over night. This morning I unwrapped it and it was kinda flopping around, I knew it was do to not being able to stretch its legs yet, so I let it be and went to work. Came home to a super perky chick! Best I've seen come out of my shipped eggs yet... just got comfy now to play tonights game and seen the sponges were dry, so opened it up to add water (chick has been moved to the brooder with the others, it's already chasing them and eating/drinking with them)... got 2 Marans pip'd (one half zipped -it was stuck on the egg tray) and 2 Beilfelders pip'd big_smile.png 1 Fresian Gull pip'd as well... pleasant surprise. Ready for the games big_smile.png
Edited by AlilSassy - 11/6/16 at 5:29pm
I'm still figuring out this chicken stuff, but loving almost every minute of it 😎👍
Reply
I'm still figuring out this chicken stuff, but loving almost every minute of it 😎👍
Reply
post #8207 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroradream26 View Post


Maybe they want to take their time. I just had a hatch today, a day late. It was a lousy hatch though. Only 4 of 8. 2 of 6 CCL and 2 of 2 Marans. I Blame the fact that it was a new roo (that i don't know his age or history) and newly laying pullets. All eggs developed but 4 quit. Hopefully your babies are just being lazy smile.png

Here are the pictures of the new babies. Don't mind the messy brooder. They're in with the Ayam cemanis. Looks like 2 CCL cockerels, 1 BCM and 1 either wheaten Marans or wheaten Marans x RIR







 

:love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auroradream26 View Post


I am so glad that you found her safe! I lost a pullet the other day hmm.png it would be amazing to find her on a clutch of eggs.

 

Me too.  She has brooded for me before and I thought I looked everywhere but she was sneakier than I was.  Now I just have to borrow an incubator to be ready in case she abandons the late hatchers.  They were certainly not all on the same stage of development.

 

Hope yours turns up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlilSassy View Post

The pip I had yesterday was my only one... 1 Tolbunt... poor thing had major goop and had its head stuck to its wing stuck to its side... took me a little bit to carefully extract it... then I put it in a nice warm damp paper towel back into incubator over night. This morning I unwrapped it and it was kinda flopping around, I knew it was do to not being able to stretch its legs yet, so I let it be and went to work. Came home to a super perky chick! Best I've seen come out of my shipped eggs yet... just got comfy now to play to it's game and seen the sponges were dry, so opened it up to add water (chick has been moved to the brooder with the others, it's already chasing them and eating/drinking with them)... got 2 Marans pip'd (one half zipped -it was stuck on the egg tray) and 2 Beilfelders pip'd big_smile.png 1 Fresian Gull pip'd as well... pleasant surprise. Ready for the games big_smile.png

:clap

 

You guys have fun.  I have a date with some zombies at 8:00 so I'll be sitting out.  :D

post #8208 of 10481
caf.gif

pop.gif
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
~ So Dark the Con of Man ~


"Man is not what he thinks he is, he is what he hides..." ~ Andre Malraux
Reply
post #8209 of 10481
Oh! Popcorn! I think my kids ate it though... :runs to check:
I'm still figuring out this chicken stuff, but loving almost every minute of it 😎👍
Reply
I'm still figuring out this chicken stuff, but loving almost every minute of it 😎👍
Reply
post #8210 of 10481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin Fluff View Post

love.gif

Me too.  She has brooded for me before and I thought I looked everywhere but she was sneakier than I was.  Now I just have to borrow an incubator to be ready in case she abandons the late hatchers.  They were certainly not all on the same stage of development.

Hope yours turns up.
clap.gif

You guys have fun.  I have a date with some zombies at 8:00 so I'll be sitting out.  big_smile.png

Thank you but unfortunately, I found a big pile of silkie feathers so I'm fairly certain she's gone. I'll be pairing my remaining silkies up to get some eggs here in a few days before I lose any more of them.
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes