BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Sale: GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes - Page 918

post #9171 of 10479
I seriously need to make sure I get my kids in bed on time tonight lol
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
Cream Crested Legbars, bearded silkies, Welbars, lavender ameraucanas, Ayam Cemani

Turkeys:Bourbon red/buff, red bronze, royal palm, mottled black, and any color in between!

Muscovy Ducks

I also make hen saddles, PM me for details!

www.onemountainacres.weebly.com
Reply
post #9172 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post


I wonder why that is? Get too hot?
Technically it could if it broke down. Not a good idea to cross any wires. The hottest Ive seen it get was 108*. I've put it through some brutal testing under dirt getting damp etc without problems. Better safe than sorry. That said it heats more chicks than a heat lamp ever could and in my opinion much safer. It would probably also work for a terrarium if buried under substrate. I've had as many as 20 chicks on one length and there was plenty of rope left over.
post #9173 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensmaster View Post

Technically it could if it broke down. Not a good idea to cross any wires. The hottest Ive seen it get was 108*. I've put it through some brutal testing under dirt getting damp etc without problems. Better safe than sorry. That said it heats more chicks than a heat lamp ever could and in my opinion much safer. It would probably also work for a terrarium if buried under substrate. I've had as many as 20 chicks on one length and there was plenty of rope left over.

I use those big watermelon/cantaloupe boxes as brooder boxes. Really Really wanted to try using the heating pad method but all I my heating pads and the ones I've found in the stores have auto shutoff ducting built in. I thought about plugging mine into a timer switch to shut off after two hours briefly and back on to restart the cycle but there again there's there's no timer switches that have 12 settings on it hmm.png

I'm one to make things more complicated than they actually are, so it's nice to see this suggestion.

I wonder if I could use the rope light under the shavings? How many wattage is the strand?

We are only human after all.

 

New Chickies!

 

Born 08/16/16

 

2 Marans (1 Black, 1 Blue)

3 Ameraucanas (1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Splash)

2 Cream Legbar Pullets

1 Olive Egger (Maran x Ameraucana F1)\

21 Bantams

Reply

We are only human after all.

 

New Chickies!

 

Born 08/16/16

 

2 Marans (1 Black, 1 Blue)

3 Ameraucanas (1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Splash)

2 Cream Legbar Pullets

1 Olive Egger (Maran x Ameraucana F1)\

21 Bantams

Reply
post #9174 of 10479
Good thing my 3 month old Marans are nice. My little Guinea keets are huddled under the chickens' butts tonight. (Cold wind out there)
Edited by generaldsherman - 11/16/16 at 5:45pm

1 chihuahua, a cat, , 9 runner ducks, a border collie, and how many chickens????????????

Reply

1 chihuahua, a cat, , 9 runner ducks, a border collie, and how many chickens????????????

Reply
post #9175 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullets View Post

I use those big watermelon/cantaloupe boxes as brooder boxes. Really Really wanted to try using the heating pad method but all I my heating pads and the ones I've found in the stores have auto shutoff ducting built in. I thought about plugging mine into a timer switch to shut off after two hours briefly and back on to restart the cycle but there again there's there's no timer switches that have 12 settings on it hmm.png

I'm one to make things more complicated than they actually are, so it's nice to see this suggestion.

I wonder if I could use the rope light under the shavings? How many wattage is the strand?

I just bought a new one I'll go look. BRB. It would probably do a couple boxes that size. I've kept mine under dirt and just plain rope before.
post #9176 of 10479

:frow Traffic sucked, but made it out of the city in time.

 

And in other news, I re-candled today and saw 2 internal pips!  :yesss: So I upped the humidity and put them back in the bator.  

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Reply

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Reply
post #9177 of 10479
HEt

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pensmaster View Post


I just bought a new one I'll go look. BRB. It would probably do a couple boxes that size. I've kept mine under dirt and just plain rope before.

Those boxes that are sized 3ft x 4ft?

 

Yeah they're really great.

 

Thanks for checking! You're the best!

We are only human after all.

 

New Chickies!

 

Born 08/16/16

 

2 Marans (1 Black, 1 Blue)

3 Ameraucanas (1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Splash)

2 Cream Legbar Pullets

1 Olive Egger (Maran x Ameraucana F1)\

21 Bantams

Reply

We are only human after all.

 

New Chickies!

 

Born 08/16/16

 

2 Marans (1 Black, 1 Blue)

3 Ameraucanas (1 Black, 1 Blue, 1 Splash)

2 Cream Legbar Pullets

1 Olive Egger (Maran x Ameraucana F1)\

21 Bantams

Reply
post #9178 of 10479

Excited for Bingo tonight!! :weee

I am down to two chickens now, a BR named Roxy and a Polish named Pom-Pom.

R.I.P. Peeps (Porcelian D'Uccle) 4/3/15 - 7/25/16
R.I.P. Ruby (RIR) 4/3/15 - 10/3/16
Reply
I am down to two chickens now, a BR named Roxy and a Polish named Pom-Pom.

R.I.P. Peeps (Porcelian D'Uccle) 4/3/15 - 7/25/16
R.I.P. Ruby (RIR) 4/3/15 - 10/3/16
Reply
post #9179 of 10479
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbphotos09 View Post
 

Excited for Bingo tonight!! :weee

:pop

Meep
Reply
Meep
Reply
post #9180 of 10479
Im here! The thing ended early!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Chicken Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Buy ~ Sell ~ Trade › Chicken Hatching Eggs › GAMES FOR EGGS and other fun prizes