BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Peafowl › Lump on Peachick
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lump on Peachick

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Wondering if anyone can help with what this is, how we may treat it etc. It's on the shoulder, looks to be swollen. Thanks in advance. Anyone???
Edited by melaniem14 - 7/16/16 at 5:59pm
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniem14 View Post

Wondering if anyone can help with what this is, how we may treat it etc. It's on the shoulder, looks to be swollen. Thanks in advance. Anyone???

Are you sure it's not food in the crop? Check in the am and see if i'ts gone down in size.

 

-Kathy

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by casportpony View Post

Are you sure it's not food in the crop? Check in the am and see if i'ts gone down in size.

-Kathy

Hi there! I'm not sure I know what you mean?
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniem14 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by casportpony View Post

Are you sure it's not food in the crop? Check in the am and see if i'ts gone down in size.

-Kathy

Hi there! I'm not sure I know what you mean?

The crop is located on their right side and fill up with food when they eat during the day and should empty while they sleep.

 

Here is a picture I found:

8116888.jpg

 

It was in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
 

Okay the chick in the pic isn't a chicken but it's basically the same. You can see the crop is bulging and round. It may feel hard and you may even feel some detail through the skin. It's also a very vascular area, and can go off to the side.(In case you were wondering it's a cockatiel chick)

8116888.jpg

 

 

-Kathy

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by casportpony View Post

The crop is located on their right side and fill up with food when they eat during the day and should empty while they sleep.

Here is a picture I found:
8116888.jpg


It was in this post:

-Kathy
Kathy you were absolutely right! Thanks so much!
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniem14 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by casportpony View Post

The crop is located on their right side and fill up with food when they eat during the day and should empty while they sleep.

Here is a picture I found:
8116888.jpg


It was in this post:

-Kathy
Kathy you were absolutely right! Thanks so much!

You're welcome!

-Kathy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Peafowl
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Other BackYard Poultry › Peafowl › Lump on Peachick