Mrs. Pickles actually seems better today, so I'm glad we didn't go ahead with killing her last night. It was too dark to dig a place for her.
She is drinking and is generally more interested in what's going on around her. I am hoping and praying she will be okay until Monday.
We've given her meloxicam and also sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim, both of which were left over from bumblefoot treatment. I measured and cut a piece of extra thin hydrocolloid dressing to fit. It will probably fall off soon because I didn't cut it small enough to miss the feathers above her eye. I'll cut another piece with that part cut out so it will hopefully stick until Monday.
The swelling seems to have gone down, but maybe that's just me being hopeful. The spot is black this morning. I don't know if that's good or bad. Last night, it was almost like the skin around the edge turned purple and melted away as we watched. I lifted an edge of the area last night, hoping something would drain, but it's solid. That may be the reason for the color change.