BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › 19 day 2 silkies wiggling
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

19 day 2 silkies wiggling - Page 2

post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post
 

(And I'm not saying it CAN'T happen, I just think it's bloated info.)

Agreed. If we stop and think about how a hen hatches eggs, we would see that she "opens the bator" every time she gets off the nest for a break, or stands up to readjust herself. Connecting the dots, that should lead us to realize that shrink wrap takes longer exposure, or has other roots, not just opening the box.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post
I really think that it's kept growing because many times there's no easy answer as to why a chick makes it to hatch and doesn't, and we need an answer and if you opened that bator, it's got to be the reason. 

Yes, we humans don't like lose ends or unanswered questions. We have a need for closure and this reason ties it all up in a neat little answer...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post
 

  I honestly believe, with my whole being, that it's actually more of a rarity than a norm. Especially with how I hatch. I'm not kidding. A hands off hatcher would faint if they saw me during hatch.

And, the fact that you are a successful, hands-on-hatcher, proves your point. Otherwise, you wouldn't have that high a hatch rate..... LOL, I would love to go through a hatch with you!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLynn2374 View Post
There's hands off hatchers, some of "high" standard on here that can't stand me.  Many can't accept that there are different ways to hatch, that no one way is the "right" way and if you don't submit to their thinking you are in the wrong. I can disagree with someone but still respect their right to do it their way and to give their opinion and experiences.

Wow, that's amazing.... People should try to never be too arrogant or high-minded to learn from somebody else experiences.....That last sentence is a testament to your character and maturity, 2 things some people never achieve! I don't understand some people's thinking process. We take eggs and mechanically hatch them (totally unnatural), but they want to throw that card and say it's unnatural to help a chick get out of a shell - they'd rather sit back and watch it die, because they perceive it to be weak, when in reality, the incubating conditions were not conducive to a clean hatch. Things that make you go, "Hmmmm."

 

....... I'm going to go meddle with my eggs! ;)

North Central TX native, armed forces veteran. Vice Pres of the BBSAI, raising registered Barbados Blackbelly Sheep. Visit Bush Creek Farm online at http://barbadosblackbellysheep.net .... LOOKING TO BUY TRUE RUMPLESS/TUFTED ARAUCANAS, COLLONCAS & QUECHUA!
Reply
North Central TX native, armed forces veteran. Vice Pres of the BBSAI, raising registered Barbados Blackbelly Sheep. Visit Bush Creek Farm online at http://barbadosblackbellysheep.net .... LOOKING TO BUY TRUE RUMPLESS/TUFTED ARAUCANAS, COLLONCAS & QUECHUA!
Reply
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8ivetxn View Post

Agreed. If we stop and think about how a hen hatches eggs, we would see that she "opens the bator" every time she gets off the nest for a break, or stands up to readjust herself. Connecting the dots, that should lead us to realize that shrink wrap takes longer exposure, or has other roots, not just opening the box.

Yes, we humans don't like lose ends or unanswered questions. We have a need for closure and this reason ties it all up in a neat little answer...

And, the fact that you are a successful, hands-on-hatcher, proves your point. Otherwise, you wouldn't have that high a hatch rate..... LOL, I would love to go through a hatch with you!

Wow, that's amazing.... People should try to never be too arrogant or high-minded to learn from somebody else experiences.....That last sentence is a testament to your character and maturity, 2 things some people never achieve! I don't understand some people's thinking process. We take eggs and mechanically hatch them (totally unnatural), but they want to throw that card and say it's unnatural to help a chick get out of a shell - they'd rather sit back and watch it die, because they perceive it to be weak, when in reality, the incubating conditions were not conducive to a clean hatch. Things that make you go, "Hmmmm."

....... I'm going to go meddle with my eggs! wink.png

I totally agree and have used the 'artificial incubation' isn't nature, and many times our imperfect conditions give chicks an unfair hurdle that doesn't have to be the end of them, argument many times. I, honestly, have only had one assist not make it and grow to a healthy bird. The one that didn't make it died 9 days after hatch, I believe to digestive problems.

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply

Need help incubating/hatching? Are you more a hands on hatcher? Come visit us: http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help

A guide to hatching from the hands on perspective: http://hatching411.weebly.com/

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › 19 day 2 silkies wiggling