I am good, no kiddo today cept bus kids so its a great day already! lol you guys?
yes and the electric one in the livingroom!!! brrrrr its so dang windy !!!
Sure is! DW woke me up @ 0 dark 30 (4:20) telling me we had a chimney fire....nice to wake up to. We didn't, actually, but the wind was making the stove burn so hot that she'd seen red where the pipe goes into the thimble, and could hear roaring in the chimney. I closed the damper & the door vents while she called the fire dept., just in case. When they showed up it was back to normal. I guess we hadn't burned it hot enough for long enough to keep the creosote burned off. The part that baffles me is why that much creosote was even there. We've burned nothing but aged hardwood, like 3-4 years old, & the chimney, thimble, and pipes got the best cleaning they've ever had before we built the 1st fire. Fire dept. had an infrared flotchie that detects heat. They checked the inside wall closest to the chimney & detected no heat other than what my digital alarm clock was giving off
oh wow! wife isnt throwing anything in that could cause build up I hope. That is scary! Glad you called them!
She tossed a couple pieces of scrap pine lumber in for kindling before I stopped her, but that was over a month ago; nothing since. I have enough hardwood kindling out there to heat the house half a season just by itself. My buddy works in a grocery store & keeps us supplied with those compressed paper egg separators that they use. Make great fire starters. We've been using them for several years, and keep her sister supplied with them...no problems.
Okay, I'm headed out the door to the blind. I'll be able to read posts, but won't be able to post myself. If you don't hear from me the rest of the day, grab an ice axe & come on down.
interesting, good luck whites!!