BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts, BantyChooks and more!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts, BantyChooks and more! - Page 1881

post #18801 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxigait View Post

Nah, you want them to make it to fluffy butts wink.png
gig.gif Very true!!

Mornin y'all caf.gif

The sky's not awake; but I'm sure awake.
post #18802 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubateme View Post

Ello everyone, right so I have some eggs and they are hatching 6 days and other eggs that are hatching in 13 days, my question is how to I turn those eggs manually when the day 6 eggs go into lockdown. I was think of get a prod and moving them through the vent holes in the incubator.
Won't the higher humidity be an issue for the second groups aircells? Could you construct a basic hatcher? There may be something in the notes on how. If not Cmom talks about and shows some on the Heritage Rhode Island Red thread.
Edited by daxigait - 12/16/16 at 4:19am
post #18803 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by BantyChooks View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxigait View Post

Nah, you want them to make it to fluffy butts wink.png
gig.gif Very true!!

Mornin y'all caf.gif

The sky's not awake; but I'm sure awake.

I don't know that I've ever heard about the sky being asleep or awake. I'll have to appropriate that one someday. Good morning.

3 Little Red Hens (RSL),1 big BCM rooster , & a raft of their youngin's

Not but 3 kinds of snakes I'm afraid of; big ones, little ones, and live ones

Have Crappie rod, will travel

Call me Ken,Whites, Whitey, or Red Dog; just don't call me late for supper

Reply

3 Little Red Hens (RSL),1 big BCM rooster , & a raft of their youngin's

Not but 3 kinds of snakes I'm afraid of; big ones, little ones, and live ones

Have Crappie rod, will travel

Call me Ken,Whites, Whitey, or Red Dog; just don't call me late for supper

Reply
post #18804 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhites634 View Post

Truck 'em easy, girl.  Roads still dry over there?
Good morning. So far they are, but we are expecting freezing rain which is a hundred times worse than snow. With snow you can drive if you are careful, but ice is a nightmare of hoping you don't hit a bad patch. My worst nightmare is what I saw once where a truck hit a patch on a bridge abd with doubles he lost it they truck slid across the median and stuck a minivan. Yes, with the family. It scares me spotless.

Are you going to your stand or is it too cold?
post #18805 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrnaf2 View Post

Bevakasha! בבקשה
hugs.gif
I would have tried to do the Hebrew letters, but I have not figured that out on my mobile phone.

Good afternoon!
post #18806 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhites634 View Post

I don't know that I've ever heard about the sky being asleep or awake. I'll have to appropriate that one someday. Good morning.
It's a line anyone with young kids knows and hates.... From the popular movie "Frozen"

ETA: I think it actually was more along the lines of "The sky's awake, so I'm awake" but that didn't fit the current state of the sky.
Edited by BantyChooks - 12/16/16 at 4:02am
post #18807 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxigait View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by incubateme View Post

Ello everyone, right so I have some eggs and they are hatching 6 days and other eggs that are hatching in 13 days, my question is how to I turn those eggs manually when the day 6 eggs go into lockdown. I was think of get a prod and moving them through the vent holes in the incubator.
Won't the higher humidity be an issue for the second groups aircells? Could you construct a basic hatcher? There may be something in the notes on how. If not Cmom thanks about and shows it on the Heritage Rhode Island Red thread.

I thought about that, too. I went back & edited my post, but it looks like the edit didn't take.

3 Little Red Hens (RSL),1 big BCM rooster , & a raft of their youngin's

Not but 3 kinds of snakes I'm afraid of; big ones, little ones, and live ones

Have Crappie rod, will travel

Call me Ken,Whites, Whitey, or Red Dog; just don't call me late for supper

Reply

3 Little Red Hens (RSL),1 big BCM rooster , & a raft of their youngin's

Not but 3 kinds of snakes I'm afraid of; big ones, little ones, and live ones

Have Crappie rod, will travel

Call me Ken,Whites, Whitey, or Red Dog; just don't call me late for supper

Reply
post #18808 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerieChicken View Post
 

I hope this is ok to ask..... For those who have done this: How long do you incubate Balut for? I have several coworkers interested in me incubating Duck eggs for them for Balut. Should I Just do it to their prefrence, as 1 person said he likes his only 7 to 10 days, but I have seen where some do it for 14 days or even 17!

I would do it to whatever the persons preference is.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BantyChooks View Post


gig.gif Very true!!

Mornin y'all caf.gif

The sky's not awake; but I'm sure awake.

Morning Bubbles

The voices in my head are fighting again.

 

My imaginary friend is running with scissors, and one of my personalities wandered off.

 

I don't like to think before I speak. I like to be just as surprised as everyone else about what comes out my mouth.

 

Sometimes even I am afraid of the things my mind comes up with.


Complaint & HR Departments for Abi's
 

Incu w/ Friends-helpful notes & links

Reply
The voices in my head are fighting again.

 

My imaginary friend is running with scissors, and one of my personalities wandered off.

 

I don't like to think before I speak. I like to be just as surprised as everyone else about what comes out my mouth.

 

Sometimes even I am afraid of the things my mind comes up with.


Complaint & HR Departments for Abi's
 

Incu w/ Friends-helpful notes & links

Reply
post #18809 of 53248

Morning Dax and whites.

 

Morning everybody else.

The voices in my head are fighting again.

 

My imaginary friend is running with scissors, and one of my personalities wandered off.

 

I don't like to think before I speak. I like to be just as surprised as everyone else about what comes out my mouth.

 

Sometimes even I am afraid of the things my mind comes up with.


Complaint & HR Departments for Abi's
 

Incu w/ Friends-helpful notes & links

Reply
The voices in my head are fighting again.

 

My imaginary friend is running with scissors, and one of my personalities wandered off.

 

I don't like to think before I speak. I like to be just as surprised as everyone else about what comes out my mouth.

 

Sometimes even I am afraid of the things my mind comes up with.


Complaint & HR Departments for Abi's
 

Incu w/ Friends-helpful notes & links

Reply
post #18810 of 53248
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxigait View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhites634 View Post

Truck 'em easy, girl.  Roads still dry over there?
Good morning. So far they are, but we are expecting freezing rain which is a hundred times worse than snow. With snow you can drive if you are careful, but ice is a nightmare of hoping you don't hit a bad patch. My worst nightmare is what I saw once where a truck hit a patch on a bridge abd with doubles he lost it they truck slid across the median and stuck a minivan. Yes, with the family. It scares me spotless.

Are you going to your stand or is it too cold?

Headed that way in just a short. Should't be bad now that the wind laid down.

3 Little Red Hens (RSL),1 big BCM rooster , & a raft of their youngin's

Not but 3 kinds of snakes I'm afraid of; big ones, little ones, and live ones

Have Crappie rod, will travel

Call me Ken,Whites, Whitey, or Red Dog; just don't call me late for supper

Reply

3 Little Red Hens (RSL),1 big BCM rooster , & a raft of their youngin's

Not but 3 kinds of snakes I'm afraid of; big ones, little ones, and live ones

Have Crappie rod, will travel

Call me Ken,Whites, Whitey, or Red Dog; just don't call me late for supper

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts, BantyChooks and more!