BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › Brinsea Improved and expanded Mini and Ovation incubators
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brinsea Improved and expanded Mini and Ovation incubators

post #1 of 52
Thread Starter 

Brinsea has announced some new incubators in their October news letter. They look very good!

 

 

The website is:

 

http://marketing.brinsea.com/acton/rif/14070/s-001a-1610/-/l-sl-contact-0004:14d49/q-0006/showPreparedMessage?sid=TV2:lJ7liibQA

 

Let me know what you think about these incubators. The price on the 56 advance seems a bit better than the older 40 advance.

post #2 of 52
I too will be very interested to read the reviews on these new Brinsea models big_smile.png
I hope these new models are as good as their previous.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Trouble shooting & Tech support
Sponsored content, contests & giveaways!!
BYC member interviews
Reply
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Trouble shooting & Tech support
Sponsored content, contests & giveaways!!
BYC member interviews
Reply
post #3 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Coop View Post

I too will be very interested to read the reviews on these new Brinsea models big_smile.png
I hope these new models are as good as their previous.

I am watching for reviews online--I did find some details from a UK Site and will post them next.

post #4 of 52
Thread Starter 
post #5 of 52
Thanks for the link big_smile.png
Just had a quick read and I'm very interested to see how the Integral automatic humidity control works. From how it reads the water must already be in the incubator somewhere and not in a seperate reservoir as with the octagon and seperate humidity pump.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Trouble shooting & Tech support
Sponsored content, contests & giveaways!!
BYC member interviews
Reply
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."

Trouble shooting & Tech support
Sponsored content, contests & giveaways!!
BYC member interviews
Reply
post #6 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire Coop View Post

Thanks for the link big_smile.png
Just had a quick read and I'm very interested to see how the Integral automatic humidity control works. From how it reads the water must already be in the incubator somewhere and not in a seperate reservoir as with the octagon and seperate humidity pump.

I am watching a You tube video that has more detailed information. It shows how the humidity works.

 

post #7 of 52

Got the same email and it piqued my interest as well. The ones I researched (from the email) all appeared to essentially have the same humidity process; container outside the bator that wicks a piece of cloth-type material that is heated to incorporate humidity into the bator. I actually read the manuals. The cloth-like piece must be replaced every 3 months. It mentioned cutting a piece so I'm not sure how long the supplied amount will last. Also, the tubing read like it should be replaced periodically as well, and the insert that is used during hatching (which makes complete sense.)

 

The price is still somewhat high, but for humidity and temp control, I can see the value. I started with a Little Giant 9300 and it's a beast to keep regulated. I ultimately bought the Brinsea mini advance; I love it but it is very small (7 hen egg max.)

 

Thanks for starting this thread and for everyone contributing info. I currently have both my bators set or I'd probably get one...or two. lol

post #8 of 52
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by angnic22 View Post
 

Got the same email and it piqued my interest as well. The ones I researched (from the email) all appeared to essentially have the same humidity process; container outside the bator that wicks a piece of cloth-type material that is heated to incorporate humidity into the bator. I actually read the manuals. The cloth-like piece must be replaced every 3 months. It mentioned cutting a piece so I'm not sure how long the supplied amount will last. Also, the tubing read like it should be replaced periodically as well, and the insert that is used during hatching (which makes complete sense.)

 

The price is still somewhat high, but for humidity and temp control, I can see the value. I started with a Little Giant 9300 and it's a beast to keep regulated. I ultimately bought the Brinsea mini advance; I love it but it is very small (7 hen egg max.)

 

Thanks for starting this thread and for everyone contributing info. I currently have both my bators set or I'd probably get one...or two. lol

Watch the video I posted. The mini advance has a humidity monitor--the ex has a siphon system and an outside bottle. The ovation has humidity monitoring for all models. The ex adds humidity using something inside the incubator and it looks like a humidity block. For the EX, the humidity is controlled via the digital control panel. Set the humidity and forget it it says.

 

One thing I caught was that you can set the turn rate on the ovations.

 

If I buy a Genesis 1588 for 300 and the humidity control from incubator warehouse, I would be up to $500.00--not too far off from the ovation 56 ex so it is kind of reasonable. I have an Octagon 40 ex and it is very nice! The design flaw with it that gets me is the auto turner system. I have replaced the motor three times, two on warranty. 

 

It is rock steady for temperature though. This new one claims to eliminate dead spots with the new air movement system. That would be very nice and eliminate the need to re arrange the eggs every couple of days.

 

Welcome to the thread!

post #9 of 52
Thank you! I must've only looked at the EX models. If I get another, I'm going all out wink.png
post #10 of 52
Subscribing. Who's going to be the first to order one? big_smile.png

Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, silver duckwing OEGBs and Seramas! 

 

My Duck page  big_smile.png  http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/wvduckchicks-ducks

Reply

Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, silver duckwing OEGBs and Seramas! 

 

My Duck page  big_smile.png  http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/wvduckchicks-ducks

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Incubating & Hatching Eggs
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Raising BackYard Chickens › Incubating & Hatching Eggs › Brinsea Improved and expanded Mini and Ovation incubators