So not much progress at all today, the wind was just too harsh for Keith and I to actually get anything done, on top of my cordless drill breaking and making me even more upset than I already was today. ARGH STRESS!!
Anywhoodles, Here's some pictures of the area all marked out and the part that we dug out! We also grabbed the first round of supplies! But we've now realized we're going to need more than just two people working on this. :/
First up is Keith raking out the massive amounts of leaves we have to deal with. On the right hand side is a tipped over busted up ancient coop that we attempted to salvage. Unfortunately it's so old/rotted out that the wood is literally useless and it's tiny. We tried and it was free so no big loss.
Here's where we've marked out where the door to the run is going to be in red.
Our dog, Tucker, photobombing as usual.
Two out of the four sides dug out. The red line is to mark the side of the chicken coop that faces out to the run. (This will have the chicken door along with a fullsize door that we'll use to go in and clean up the coop/check on the gang.
More Tucker photobombing.... Mom decided to bring him out on his long leash so he could wander around.
Another angle of the two sides that we dug out.
And more Tucker as Keith continues to dig.
And here's the "wider" view of the entire run. It's about 20x10 for just the run, making the total length from the outer edge of the run to the back of the coop 28 ft. (or 30 if you want to round up).
Oh look! More Tucker! He's a goofball I swear...
And that's about it for right now. Hopefully tomorrow the weather will be better... I might actually ask if anyone's nearby to give me a hollar if they'd like to come and help.