New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New puppy! - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkie2 View Post

Yeah I would love to! Hopefully we can!


Just got Zoey's mate! He was shipped in from Texas (poor puppy was in a crate the entire day), from these people who breed aussies for herding. The man who breeds them breeds them to be 'big boned' so this puppy is just a bit 'stalkier' then Zoey. But he's adorable I just love his markings! He is a blue Merle but doesn't have a lot of grey in him (his brother looked like a regular blue Merle, but we like him better) his face is looks brown. His mother is a beautiful Merle, I can't tell if she's red or blue, she looks like a brown Merle! 😂 the father and mother are both great looking standard aussies. The puppy (we named him Duke, ya know, from john Wayne? Huge john Wayne fans over here lol)
Is about 5 months old, sadly a bit older then we wanted but at least it's not like he's full grown 😆 a bit skittish but probably he just needs to settle in with his new surroundings. He loves Zoey's crate for some reason 😂

Here's a picture of Duke:



Here is him meeting Daisy (Daisy is not happy that we keep on getting other dogs 😂 she prefers to be an only dog, she gets jealous lol)

I hope you can too!

And wow he's handsome! And the color's pretty interesting too, especially if the mom is unique too, should maybe make some interesting puppies. And being a little bigger boned and from herding lines should be nice too; maybe with Zoey they can make a more medium build nice sized dog and with the herding background, the pups should be pretty versatile and able to do most things smile.png

Aww he loves her already tongue.png

The age is a little unfortunate but Zoey's what, like 4 months old now? So that's not too much of a difference and by breeding age, it shouldn't matter much if at all smile.png

Poor Daisy! LOL
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
post #22 of 28

I think older dogs always give a big sigh, when another pup enters the family.  Some of them act like they are long suffering and I suppose sometimes they are. A puppy can drive an older dog nuts  and the owners.   Just when you think housetraining is set in stone and new ones come and breaks the rules.

 

Hope your new boy works out well  and give a big hug to Daisy for me.

                                         Please visit  "Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN"pop.gif

                                                           Movie  reviews    & comments -   welcome                                                 

Reply

                                         Please visit  "Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN"pop.gif

                                                           Movie  reviews    & comments -   welcome                                                 

Reply
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOGG331 View Post

I hope you can too!

And wow he's handsome! And the color's pretty interesting too, especially if the mom is unique too, should maybe make some interesting puppies. And being a little bigger boned and from herding lines should be nice too; maybe with Zoey they can make a more medium build nice sized dog and with the herding background, the pups should be pretty versatile and able to do most things smile.png

Aww he loves her already tongue.png

The age is a little unfortunate but Zoey's what, like 4 months old now? So that's not too much of a difference and by breeding age, it shouldn't matter much if at all smile.png

Poor Daisy! LOL
lol yes Daisy's like "where are all these puppies coming from!?" Right now she's just establishing that she's th alpha dog. Yes I can't wait for the puppies, they will be excellent dogs. Especially since Zoey and Duke both have calm temperaments, their puppies will have great temperaments. Duke has almost reached sexual maturity so he is...starting to mount poor Zoey 😆 don't worry we're keeping an eye on them. Good thing though, Zoey doesn't seem to hate him. As I write duke and Zoey are running around the house playing, aw I love hear puppies. They hardly even bark 😃 just gotta work on Zoey jumping. Went to an agility show the other day, Zoey got to meet a lot of dogs (which is good for a puppy) and I got to watch agility (a lot of people there loved Zoey and told me I should do agility, oh I am so going to!!) Duke is AKC, like Zoey, so we will have AKC puppies.

Here's the pictures of the parents;
The dad (SuperMan) is nice and has a good build, he's a black tri as you can see:

I love the mothers (Sissy) coloring, I haven't seen it before:

(It's not great quality, lol just took a picture of the computer 😆)


Quote:
Originally Posted by drumstick diva View Post

I think older dogs always give a big sigh, when another pup enters the family.  Some of them act like they are long suffering and I suppose sometimes they are. A puppy can drive an older dog nuts  and the owners.   Just when you think housetraining is set in stone and new ones come and breaks the rules.

Hope your new boy works out well  and give a big hug to Daisy for me.
Aww I will 🙂
Yeah you can definitely tell Daisy gets annoyed when a little puppy wants to play with her lol now hopefully she'll get some alone time now that Zoey has a friend her age Lol!
Edited by Silkie2 - 4/4/17 at 5:03am
post #24 of 28
Thread Starter 
I'm also gonna be doing agility with Zoey, and possibly show her.
Here are some updates pics of the two


post #25 of 28
Wow thy are sooo cute!! And wow he is a lot bigger haha
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkie2 View Post

lol yes Daisy's like "where are all these puppies coming from!?" Right now she's just establishing that she's th alpha dog. Yes I can't wait for the puppies, they will be excellent dogs. Especially since Zoey and Duke both have calm temperaments, their puppies will have great temperaments. Duke has almost reached sexual maturity so he is...starting to mount poor Zoey 😆 don't worry we're keeping an eye on them. Good thing though, Zoey doesn't seem to hate him. As I write duke and Zoey are running around the house playing, aw I love hear puppies. They hardly even bark 😃 just gotta work on Zoey jumping. Went to an agility show the other day, Zoey got to meet a lot of dogs (which is good for a puppy) and I got to watch agility (a lot of people there loved Zoey and told me I should do agility, oh I am so going to!!) Duke is AKC, like Zoey, so we will have AKC puppies.

Here's the pictures of the parents;
The dad (SuperMan) is nice and has a good build, he's a black tri as you can see:

I love the mothers (Sissy) coloring, I haven't seen it before:

(It's not great quality, lol just took a picture of the computer 😆)
Aww I will 🙂
Yeah you can definitely tell Daisy gets annoyed when a little puppy wants to play with her lol now hopefully she'll get some alone time now that Zoey has a friend her age Lol!

Sorry, I completely forgot to reply before lol her parents are beautiful! To me it kinda looks like jist red merle or maybe chocolate merle? But then her head above her ear looks kind of blue.

Glad they're all getting along and seems the puppies will be great!
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDOGG331 View Post

Sorry, I completely forgot to reply before lol her parents are beautiful! To me it kinda looks like jist red merle or maybe chocolate merle? But then her head above her ear looks kind of blue.

Glad they're all getting along and seems the puppies will be great!
i haven't heard of a chocolate Merle, but I now know Duke (the puppy) is a harlequin colored with a blue Merle gene. Where any grey is turned to white... I think. I just saw a website with a puppy that had the same coloring as Duke and was saying how it's a harlequin color. Maybe his mom has some sort of harlequin gene in her too.

I know! Can't wait till June 2018 when zoey will be ready!!
Edited by Silkie2 - Yesterday at 1:12 pm
post #28 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkie2 View Post

i haven't heard of a chocolate Merle, but I now know Duke (the puppy) is a harlequin colored with a blue Merle gene. Where any grey is turned to white... I think. I just saw a website with a puppy that had the same coloring as Duke and was saying how it's a harlequin color. Maybe his mom has some sort of harlequin gene in her too.

I know! Can't wait till June 2018 when zoey will be ready!!

Well, I haven't either, I kinda just made it up lol idk if it's a real thing but it's the closest I can think to describe her lol

But wow that's a cool color and should throw cool puppies!

And aww I bet lol
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
Kelsey. Massachusetts. Have a 5 year old Black Lab/Great Pyrenees mix named Gator, a 6 year old kitty named Luna, and 8 hens hatched October 26th, 2015. 1 Barred Rock (May), 2 Black Australorps (Blacky and Beauty), 3 Buff Orpingtons (Angel, Amber, and Penny), and 2 Easter Eggers (Bunny and Diva).
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Pets & Livestock