BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Chicken Breed Focus - Swedish Flower Hen
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chicken Breed Focus - Swedish Flower Hen - Page 4

post #31 of 43
I have a SF hen. She is very pretty and definitely has personality. She lays medium light brown eggs pretty often. She's a lovely mix of blues and browns with speckles.

This is my only picture of Reid on my phone lol.
Chickens rule, ducks are cool, quails too.
Reply
Chickens rule, ducks are cool, quails too.
Reply
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by minihorse927 View Post


this chick looked like yours at hatch. Yours is a little lighter though so may be the blue version

 

Thank you.  If that is how she turns out I'd be very happy..gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdoes View Post


The absolute best part about the SFH, to me, is watching and seeing the color develop over time. I swear, I'd go out everyday and be amazed at the changes the ladies went through. I don't know that you could guess at color this early though, I'm sure it'll be beautiful. ☺️

:thumbsup agree

post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep-Chicken View Post

I have a SF hen. She is very pretty and definitely has personality. She lays medium light brown eggs pretty often. She's a lovely mix of blues and browns with speckles.

This is my only picture of Reid on my phone lol.
I believe this hen is one you hatched from contest winning eggs? big_smile.png
NPIP & AI CLEAN
Ducks I raise: Snowy calls and Anconas
Chickens I raise: Ohiki, Swedish flower, svart hona, chocolate, mauve, mauve splash, cuckoo, blue, splash and black orps (bantams, ENGLISH), brown/isabel leghorns, and easter eggers. New for 2017 chocolate cuckoo english orpingtons(large fowl) and Buff saddleback pomeranian geese!
And, 1 lonely guinea hen who thinks she's a duck.
Reply
NPIP & AI CLEAN
Ducks I raise: Snowy calls and Anconas
Chickens I raise: Ohiki, Swedish flower, svart hona, chocolate, mauve, mauve splash, cuckoo, blue, splash and black orps (bantams, ENGLISH), brown/isabel leghorns, and easter eggers. New for 2017 chocolate cuckoo english orpingtons(large fowl) and Buff saddleback pomeranian geese!
And, 1 lonely guinea hen who thinks she's a duck.
Reply
post #34 of 43

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 1.53.37 PM.png

This is Ethel, named after my swedish great grandmother. She is the nicest chicken I have, and she will hop onto my lap and just take a nap. I couldn't imagine my flock without one of these chickens. :lol:

post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJuniper View Post



Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 1.53.37 PM.png

This is Ethel, named after my swedish great grandmother. She is the nicest chicken I have, and she will hop onto my lap and just take a nap. I couldn't imagine my flock without one of these chickens. lol.png
Whoa! Look at that hat! She's beautiful, and I am partial to a good poofy crest.
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJuniper View Post
 

Screen Shot 2017-01-14 at 1.53.37 PM.png

This is Ethel, named after my swedish great grandmother. She is the nicest chicken I have, and she will hop onto my lap and just take a nap. I couldn't imagine my flock without one of these chickens. :lol:

She is beautiful! :love   Love her yellow legs... but wouldn't breed that type of crest forward in a land race breed. Doesn't change that she is gorgeous though!

post #37 of 43

 


Here's some pictures of my only SFH, Sylvia. She is super inquisitive and kinda bossy! I love her personality and would definitely get more. I actually got her from Meyer Hatchery and was pretty pleased with how she looked even compared to those from a breeder. 

post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by milleralexis94 View Post
 

 


Here's some pictures of my only SFH, Sylvia. She is super inquisitive and kinda bossy! I love her personality and would definitely get more. I actually got her from Meyer Hatchery and was pretty pleased with how she looked even compared to those from a breeder. 

She is pretty. How old is she? Curious, because friendliness develops at different ages and she looks very confident. :)

post #39 of 43
At what age/methods do you sex your Swedish Flower chicks?
post #40 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeelErrrrp View Post

At what age/methods do you sex your Swedish Flower chicks?
6 weeks I can accurately sex 99% of mine. Boys are bigger. Have pinkish combs and have thicker legs and coarser heads
NPIP & AI CLEAN
Ducks I raise: Snowy calls and Anconas
Chickens I raise: Ohiki, Swedish flower, svart hona, chocolate, mauve, mauve splash, cuckoo, blue, splash and black orps (bantams, ENGLISH), brown/isabel leghorns, and easter eggers. New for 2017 chocolate cuckoo english orpingtons(large fowl) and Buff saddleback pomeranian geese!
And, 1 lonely guinea hen who thinks she's a duck.
Reply
NPIP & AI CLEAN
Ducks I raise: Snowy calls and Anconas
Chickens I raise: Ohiki, Swedish flower, svart hona, chocolate, mauve, mauve splash, cuckoo, blue, splash and black orps (bantams, ENGLISH), brown/isabel leghorns, and easter eggers. New for 2017 chocolate cuckoo english orpingtons(large fowl) and Buff saddleback pomeranian geese!
And, 1 lonely guinea hen who thinks she's a duck.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General breed discussions & FAQ
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Chicken Breeds › General breed discussions & FAQ › Chicken Breed Focus - Swedish Flower Hen