I just got the following PM:
Incubator contest - Just like we have had coop contests in order to get an archive of photos for the coop pages, we need an archive of homemade incubators. The posts asking for pictures of homemade bators seems to be on the rise. What do you think?
I LOVE IT!!!
Get those digital cameras out and scan those incubator plans you wrote on the back of your chick starter receipt. Throw them together with a great write up and you could be a winner! (okay... everyone on BYC is a winner... you'd just be an incubator page contest winner!)
This is a contest to see who can create the "best" incubator page for BYC. The winner of the contest will get a $20 Gift Certificate for the BYC Store!
You'll be using the BYC Page Creation Toolto design your pages.
Here is what should be included in your page:
1) A write up of how you built your incubator along with any information you think would be helpful to other people who may want to build a similar units.
2) Any designs / plans you used to build your incubator.
3) Pictures of your incubator as it was being constructed.
4) Finished pictures of your incubator.
5) What you want to change / add to your completed incubator.
6) A parts list
If you want your page to win, make sure it has as many of the elements above in as much detail as possible! Here are some additional hints to help you win the contest:
1) Follow the format of some of the coop pages.
2) The more details and pictures the better!
3) Pictures - We all love lots of pictures, but PLEASE follow these guidelines: Pictures on the page should be no wider than 500 pixels. If you want to add a larger picture (we all love detailed pictures) please post a thumbnail link or regular link to the picture instead of the huge picture itself.
If you have any questions about how to use the BYC Page Tool, read the following thread and post questions here: http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11399
If you have questions about the contest reply to this post.
We expect to add most of the pages submitted to a new section in the coop design section of BYC, but the best will win the contest.
TO ENTER THE CONTEST:
1) Create a cool page
2) Reply to this thread with a link to your incubator page on BYC!
3) Have Fun!
NOTE: If you're one of those modest types and want to add your incubator to the site but don't want to enter the contest, that is fine. Please still add a link to your page in this thread... the more designs the better the community will be!
A few items to help everyone create BYC Pages quickly and easily:
BYC Page Instructions: http://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2-Personal_Pages
Upload pics to BYC: http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=52145
Create a BYC Page in 20 seconds: http://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=75877
CONTEST ENDS 2/27!!
See current submissions here: http://www.backyardchickens.com/chicken-coop-incubator.html