BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › YO GEORGIANS! :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

YO GEORGIANS! :) - Page 4282

post #42811 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by missy1971 View Post

Oh, now I can actually read a map, my Daddy was a trucker...and then later on he made sure I knew how to read one. My smartphone and google maps is just me being lazy...LOL
Great you never know when technology will let you down!
post #42812 of 43237
Maps on my phone work great, blutoothed it to my radio last road trip and scared the crud out of my other half because he fell asleep and woke up to a female not me voice loudly saying " turn right in 100 feet"
Oops
Never too young for coffee! NEVER too old for nap time!
Reply
Never too young for coffee! NEVER too old for nap time!
Reply
post #42813 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwildrabbit View Post

I
have used both most modern ones are good but the most extensive ones are the trucker gps systems they give out a lot of info but cost an arm and a leg

well, those ain't worth a hoot either, and the reason I know this, is the road I live on is single lane, and curvy with some real sharp curves in it. Signs on BOTH ends of my road that say "NO TRUCKS" yet they come through here pretty regularly because their GPS brings them this way if they're coming east on hwy 278 trying to get to hwy 27 south. And they get the landing gear hung up at the end of the road. Funny because it then tells them to shoot straight across on yet ANOTHER road that says 'no trucks' because it's a single lane that dead ends into a single lane and anything much longer than my pickup and camper can't make the turn at the end. Yet there they go, and they get hung up there too......I know it's the GPS, because I asked one guy who was hung up out here at my end blocking the road waiting on a wrecker why in the world he came that way when there is clearly a sign that says "NO TRUCKS" and he said because the GPS lady told him to turn there.....then the wrecker got here, pulled him out, and even though we both told him how he needed to go, he went straight across anyway past the no trucks sign. The wrecker guy radioed 911 and told them they needed to send an officer out to give that guy a ticket because he's already been stuck once, ignored our directions and drove right past the no trucks sign again, and he wasn't going to pull him out this time until a cop got there to straighten him out.....I just laughed and came back home


Edited by PapaChaz - 3/20/17 at 8:38pm

 

 

 

 

 

video tour of my coop:https://youtu.be/UDLN_xq8u2s

Reply

 

 

 

 

 

video tour of my coop:https://youtu.be/UDLN_xq8u2s

Reply
post #42814 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaChaz View Post

well, those ain't worth a hoot either, and the reason I know this, is the road I live on is single lane, and curvy with some real sharp curves in it. Signs on BOTH ends of my road that say "NO TRUCKS" yet they come through here pretty regularly because their GPS brings them this way if they're coming east on hwy 278 trying to get to hwy 27 south. And they get the landing gear hung up at the end of the road. Funny because it then tells them to shoot straight across on yet ANOTHER road that says 'no trucks' because it's a single lane that dead ends into a single lane and anything much longer than my pickup and camper can't make the turn at the end. Yet there they go, and they get hung up there too......I know it's the GPS, because I asked one guy who was hung up out here at my end blocking the road waiting on a wrecker why in the world he came that way when there is clearly a sign that says "NO TRUCKS" and he said because the GPS lady told him to turn there.....then the wrecker got here, pulled him out, and even though we both told him how he needed to go, he went straight across anyway past the no trucks sign. The wrecker guy radioed 911 and told them they needed to send an officer out to give that guy a ticket because he's already been stuck once, ignored our directions and drove right past the no trucks sign again, and he wasn't going to pull him out this time until a cop got there to straighten him out.....I just laughed and came back home
A Garmin did that to me but I head signs lol
post #42815 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowerbh View Post
 

Question:  About the AI.  Aren't all the migratory birds heading North right now?  Isn't that where all the problems are.....in the north.  Maybe, we won't get anything this year because the birds from the south heading north are not sick.  Any thoughts on this?

They are bringing it back with them and the problem is they see the water and stop, poop and now you have AI, or they fly over and poop and you have AI, that is my understanding.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwildrabbit View Post


I'm an old trucker I drove across the USA before there was such a thing as gps. Some people don't know how to read a map they would be completely lost if they had to use their brain to figure out how to get somewhere heck some need it to get back home!!

My husband ( on here DH darling husband) is a trucker he is local now, see you gotta come to the cook out at Gam and Robo's you two can trade war stories, lol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaChaz View Post
 

well, those ain't worth a hoot either, and the reason I know this, is the road I live on is single lane, and curvy with some real sharp curves in it. Signs on BOTH ends of my road that say "NO TRUCKS" yet they come through here pretty regularly because their GPS brings them this way if they're coming east on hwy 278 trying to get to hwy 27 south. And they get the landing gear hung up at the end of the road. Funny because it then tells them to shoot straight across on yet ANOTHER road that says 'no trucks' because it's a single lane that dead ends into a single lane and anything much longer than my pickup and camper can't make the turn at the end. Yet there they go, and they get hung up there too......I know it's the GPS, because I asked one guy who was hung up out here at my end blocking the road waiting on a wrecker why in the world he came that way when there is clearly a sign that says "NO TRUCKS" and he said because the GPS lady told him to turn there.....then the wrecker got here, pulled him out, and even though we both told him how he needed to go, he went straight across anyway past the no trucks sign. The wrecker guy radioed 911 and told them they needed to send an officer out to give that guy a ticket because he's already been stuck once, ignored our directions and drove right past the no trucks sign again, and he wasn't going to pull him out this time until a cop got there to straighten him out.....I just laughed and came back home

My GPS is called Derrik,Derrik,,(my DH), lol he hates it when I call and I say I'm on that road, :gig

post #42816 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by katsdar View Post

They are bringing it back with them and the problem is they see the water and stop, poop and now you have AI, or they fly over and poop and you have AI, that is my understanding.  

My husband ( on here DH darling husband) is a trucker he is local now, see you gotta come to the cook out at Gam and Robo's you two can trade war stories, lol

My GPS is called Derrik,Derrik,,(my DH), lol he hates it when I call and I say I'm on that road, gig.gif
Wish I could but I have to be in Texas at that time I'd love to be there just to meet some of the great people on here!
post #42817 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilwildrabbit View Post


Wish I could but I have to be in Texas at that time I'd love to be there just to meet some of the great people on here!

Yes you did say that sorry short memory

post #42818 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by BantamBonzo View Post

Maps on my phone work great, blutoothed it to my radio last road trip and scared the crud out of my other half because he fell asleep and woke up to a female not me voice loudly saying " turn right in 100 feet"
Oops

:lau

post #42819 of 43237


​One of my Welbar pullets.  I am thoroughly enjoying these chickens; docile, pretty, great layers of dark brown eggs, not particularly noisy.

Chickenfun
Reply
Chickenfun
Reply
post #42820 of 43237
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnhill7 View Post
 


​One of my Welbar pullets.  I am thoroughly enjoying these chickens; docile, pretty, great layers of dark brown eggs, not particularly noisy.

Hey Ron, didn't you say you have a sawmill? Do you ever have extra Pine shavings for sale?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › YO GEORGIANS! :)