Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 firstname.lastname@example.org Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
Last edited: 5/14/13
- Double Laced Partridge "House"Last edited: 5/21/14
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
If ever I had to restrict myself to a single breed to meat all of my meat, egg and "chicken therapy" needs, this would be the one. Not only are my NNs prolific layers of large to jumbo sized...
I love this product. I cannot believe no one has reviewed it yet. I started with the chick version- and moved up to this. While at work all day, I wanted to keep my girls busy. This product is...
I bought one of these when I first got my birds- I have since converted it to an oyster-shell dispenser- works wonderfully for that function in my coop. This past summer, I bought a second one to...
A very good book. It's full of very useful information, pictures, and tips. I'd recommend it.
I think this waterer is great. It only holds 2 gallons of water so if you're a younger, older or out of shape it's not too much work to carry from the hose to the coop. It's it's very easy to fill...
The Olive-Egger thread! - Page 917
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9162 of 1048310/25/15 at 8:15am
I lost my Olive Egger pullet this summer, back during our monster heat wave. I couldn't believe that my Easter Eggers, with their pitifully small combs and wattles, and my fluffy English Orpingtons, all made it fine.
I'm picking up my first Blue Copper Marans pullets tomorrow to breed with my Isbar cockerel. They are between 5-6 months old. Very excited:)Bantam Orpingtons (BBS, Chocolate, Mauve), Easter Eggers, Olive Egger project (Isbar/Marans)Bantam Orpingtons (BBS, Chocolate, Mauve), Easter Eggers, Olive Egger project (Isbar/Marans)post #9163 of 1048310/25/15 at 8:17ampost #9164 of 1048310/25/15 at 9:25ampost #9165 of 1048310/25/15 at 11:12amQuote:
My local breeder doesn't have black copper marans sadly so the nearest place is a bout an 2 and a half hours away.post #9166 of 1048310/25/15 at 12:45pmpost #9167 of 1048310/25/15 at 2:29pmpost #9168 of 1048310/25/15 at 4:10pmpost #9169 of 1048310/25/15 at 5:31pmQuote:
You will get some with darker green eggs, but you begin to lose the blue egg shell gene.
Have you seen the chart?post #9170 of 1048310/25/15 at 7:10pmQuote:
After I posted I found it, the text is hard to read for me though. I just looked at the colors. I have one olive egger hen, one white layer and the rest are varying shades of brown. I just want to be sure if I tell people that pullets from the brown and green eggs should be olive eggers that I'm being truthful.
- Double Laced Partridge "House"
- › Best Quail for a newbie? 18 minutes ago
- › BYC Café 18 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 29 minutes ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 38 minutes ago
- › Breed? 41 minutes ago
- › Hello , I'm New Member from Egypt ;) 44 minutes ago
- › Hello, I need a little help 45 minutes ago
- › I've been lurking too long! -Harvard, MA 46 minutes ago
- › Nana isn't lurking anymore! :-) 47 minutes ago
- › hoping for chicks 48 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by DesertChic
- › Resolve Sustainable Solutions Farmer's Helper HotCake Poultry... by KrisCVT
- › Little Giant Hanging Waterer by KrisCVT
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Coq au Vin
- › Most Intelligent Peep🐔🐓🐤 Testing Stats
- › Gramma's No Time To Cook Chicken Chicken
- › Essential Oils and chickens!
- › Tips to Create a Chicken Coop That You and...
- › One little quail chick
- › Clucksville Assignment/Work page (check often)
- › Our Hen House
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page