Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Diffences Between EEs, Ameraucanas, and Araucanas Last post on 9/13/16 at 1:28pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- Cashs Blue Eggs and Araucanas Lanae Cash Willits, CA 95490 email@example.com Last post on 12/17/15 at 6:19pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- Cochin or Easter egger hatcheries in Pa. ? Last post on 8/22/16 at 8:01pm in Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries
- ?'s about easter eggers or ameraucanas or araucanas, help Last post on 3/23/16 at 1:54pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- To Make An Olive Egger......Legbar????? Last post on 7/5/16 at 2:47pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
Easter Egger Chicks in My Shed
Last edited: 5/14/13
- Double Laced Partridge "House"Last edited: 5/21/14
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- The Chicken ChapelLast edited: 7/5/13
- The ComedihensLast edited: 4/25/13
I purchased the Premium Chickenguard controller box only about 4 months ago. The motor can handle 2.2lbs and my aluminum door only weight .8lb, which heavy enough to close the door. I purchased...
Very good breed. I have one Buff Brahma pullet named Annika. Like I said up there she's very sweet and gentle towards people butt gets bullied easily by my older hens but she's still a baby so...
Overall I'd say they're a very good breed. I have two Amber Whites named Jelly-Bean aka The Bean and Merlina. They are both very friendly and do very well with my younger brother and sister, they...
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
The Olive-Egger thread! - Page 971post #9701 of 104732/2/16 at 1:35pmNeed advice on two subjects. I bred my olive egger with great success, F2. How do you breed to guarantee the olive egg genes? Or can you not? Also I really want to breed to produce a Seafoam green egg to create a rainbow dozen, I have the blues and darker green but nothing in between. Don't tell me to mix a light brown layer with a blue because that's how I got my olive egger? Don't know why there so dark? So what to breed to get the Seafoam egg color?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #9702 of 104732/2/16 at 4:34pmpost #9703 of 104732/2/16 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by annabellaknits
Need advice on two subjects. I bred my olive egger with great success, F2. How do you breed to guarantee the olive egg genes? Or can you not? Also I really want to breed to produce a Seafoam green egg to create a rainbow dozen, I have the blues and darker green but nothing in between. Don't tell me to mix a light brown layer with a blue because that's how I got my olive egger? Don't know why there so dark? So what to breed to get the Seafoam egg color?
You can just get a straight up cream legbar - many lay eggs that are more light green than blue... Nice birds, nice production.
- Ant Farmpost #9704 of 104732/2/16 at 6:41pmpost #9705 of 104732/2/16 at 7:13pmpost #9706 of 104732/2/16 at 7:40pmpost #9707 of 104732/2/16 at 9:09pmpost #9708 of 104732/2/16 at 9:49pmpost #9709 of 104732/2/16 at 10:14pmQuote:
No prob. We hope it becomes a semi regular thing, if you can't make it on the 13th maybe next time. I hope all ends up well with your family thing.
- Double Laced Partridge "House"
- › The last letter Game 40 seconds ago
- › OMG!!!! WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG!!! 4 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 4 minutes ago
- › Three word story for more people with more than one word to say... 4 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 15 minutes ago
- › are those fecal float dispensers or containers worthwhile for at... 16 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 18 minutes ago
- › Is this a young lady? 18 minutes ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 20 minutes ago
- › B.Y.C. Dorking Club! 21 minutes ago
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Amber Whites by Flock Master64
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.