New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Maine - Page 245

post #2441 of 13425

Hi Im new on here. I am incubating eggs for the first time. I live in Central Maine. Also to Widget~ That is sad that the school won't let her incubate eggs. Our school allows us to.

post #2442 of 13425

First welcome-byc.gif. You have stumbled upon a great bunch of people who really know and love their chickens and other feathered friends. Even though I've been on these boards for almost four years I still feel like I know nothing compared to many on here.

 

Second I agree with the whole school thing. But with fear of litigation so rampant in our society it is not surprising that some schools are more cautious than others. I know my sister, who teaches in Westbrook, has been able to hatch eggs in the past. Not sure if she still does. But I do know her students loved it.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhatcher View Post

Hi Im new on here. I am incubating eggs for the first time. I live in Central Maine. Also to Widget~ That is sad that the school won't let her incubate eggs. Our school allows us to.



 

Sinipso Croft: Home to 2 Pyrs, a Pit Bull, a Norwegian Elkhound, a Potcake, 3 cats, 2 Icelandics, a Mustang, an African Grey (and friends), plus the chickens and ducks!!!!

Reply

Sinipso Croft: Home to 2 Pyrs, a Pit Bull, a Norwegian Elkhound, a Potcake, 3 cats, 2 Icelandics, a Mustang, an African Grey (and friends), plus the chickens and ducks!!!!

Reply
post #2443 of 13425

   I just posted a request with Pilots n Paws to see if I can get transport for the black lab I've been fostering for over a year. His mother is a SSgt in the Marines who just got back to the States after being deployed for the past year in the Persian Gulf.

   I have really mixed feelings. Even though Slim can be a real pain sometimes (he ATE three ducklings and chicks last Spring) I know I will really miss him when he is gone. But he isn't mine. And he does have two boys and a Marine who are waiting for him to get back to NC. Still I know it will be very hard to say goodbye when he does leave. sad.png

Sinipso Croft: Home to 2 Pyrs, a Pit Bull, a Norwegian Elkhound, a Potcake, 3 cats, 2 Icelandics, a Mustang, an African Grey (and friends), plus the chickens and ducks!!!!

Reply

Sinipso Croft: Home to 2 Pyrs, a Pit Bull, a Norwegian Elkhound, a Potcake, 3 cats, 2 Icelandics, a Mustang, an African Grey (and friends), plus the chickens and ducks!!!!

Reply
post #2444 of 13425
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhatcher View Post

Hi Im new on here. I am incubating eggs for the first time. I live in Central Maine. Also to Widget~ That is sad that the school won't let her incubate eggs. Our school allows us to.



frow.gif also from central Maine :)

A lonely blue girl guards the riverbed, she shakes her brown torch at the tide...

 

 

 

Reply

A lonely blue girl guards the riverbed, she shakes her brown torch at the tide...

 

 

 

Reply
post #2445 of 13425

Is anyone going to be selling some Marans, Welsummer, or Blue Laced Red Wyandottes at any of the farm swaps this year ?

PROUD Veteran, Wife, and Mommy.

Reply

PROUD Veteran, Wife, and Mommy.

Reply
post #2446 of 13425

What a great thing you have done for that dog and his Marine Momma. You have made a very difficult year a little bit brighter for that family. It will be very hard I am sure, but the rewards will come back your way ten fold for doing such a wonderful thing,

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widget View Post

   I just posted a request with Pilots n Paws to see if I can get transport for the black lab I've been fostering for over a year. His mother is a SSgt in the Marines who just got back to the States after being deployed for the past year in the Persian Gulf.

   I have really mixed feelings. Even though Slim can be a real pain sometimes (he ATE three ducklings and chicks last Spring) I know I will really miss him when he is gone. But he isn't mine. And he does have two boys and a Marine who are waiting for him to get back to NC. Still I know it will be very hard to say goodbye when he does leave. sad.png



 


Edited by annabananaandfamily - 3/21/12 at 7:12pm

Anna, momma to 4 girls, 2 dogs (gsd and a newfie), a cratchety old lovebird, a sugarglider, and a soon to be expanding flock of chickens. And wife to one amazing man!

 

tastefullysimple.com/web/akeeney

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/annabananaandfamilys-swap-page my swap page

Reply

Anna, momma to 4 girls, 2 dogs (gsd and a newfie), a cratchety old lovebird, a sugarglider, and a soon to be expanding flock of chickens. And wife to one amazing man!

 

tastefullysimple.com/web/akeeney

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/annabananaandfamilys-swap-page my swap page

Reply
post #2447 of 13425

I just threw some bantam eggs, but the bantams lay standard sized green eggs, and some silver spangled hamburg eggs in the incubator this morning! I made sure everything was just right because once their in, they are in! Also Please PM me if you have free roosters!

~Taylor's Barnyard~
http://tayfraysbarnyard.weebly.com/
Raising Quality Poultry Since Day 1!
Reply
~Taylor's Barnyard~
http://tayfraysbarnyard.weebly.com/
Raising Quality Poultry Since Day 1!
Reply
post #2448 of 13425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TayFray! View Post

I just threw some bantam eggs, but the bantams lay standard sized green eggs, and some silver spangled hamburg eggs in the incubator this morning! I made sure everything was just right because once their in, they are in! Also Please PM me if you have free roosters!

I have a silver laced Brahma roo that doesn't have good lacing. I also have a GL polish roo that is only still here because we couldnt catch him.

Krista- mom to 7 with an amazingly understanding husband   . chocolate runners, b/b/s orps, jubilee orps, bantam chocolate orps, project lf choc orps, blue breda fowl and a some cool exotic hens for eating eggs

Reply

Krista- mom to 7 with an amazingly understanding husband   . chocolate runners, b/b/s orps, jubilee orps, bantam chocolate orps, project lf choc orps, blue breda fowl and a some cool exotic hens for eating eggs

Reply
post #2449 of 13425

thumbsup.gif

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Widget View Post

   I just posted a request with Pilots n Paws to see if I can get transport for the black lab I've been fostering for over a year. His mother is a SSgt in the Marines who just got back to the States after being deployed for the past year in the Persian Gulf.

   I have really mixed feelings. Even though Slim can be a real pain sometimes (he ATE three ducklings and chicks last Spring) I know I will really miss him when he is gone. But he isn't mine. And he does have two boys and a Marine who are waiting for him to get back to NC. Still I know it will be very hard to say goodbye when he does leave. sad.png



 

If you love your chicken, thank a breeder. NPIP tested

 

visit the Maine Chicken Stocks swaps and shows thread to see what's going on in your part of Maine

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/maine-chicken-swaps-stocks-and-shows-2014

Reply

If you love your chicken, thank a breeder. NPIP tested

 

visit the Maine Chicken Stocks swaps and shows thread to see what's going on in your part of Maine

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/maine-chicken-swaps-stocks-and-shows-2014

Reply
post #2450 of 13425

yes!

well I can't speak for the wellsummers but I will have marans and blue laced reds. marans are due this weekend and the blue laced reds are on the ground, still sorting out what I want to keep on those.



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsey228 View Post

Is anyone going to be selling some Marans, Welsummer, or Blue Laced Red Wyandottes at any of the farm swaps this year ?



 

If you love your chicken, thank a breeder. NPIP tested

 

visit the Maine Chicken Stocks swaps and shows thread to see what's going on in your part of Maine

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/maine-chicken-swaps-stocks-and-shows-2014

Reply

If you love your chicken, thank a breeder. NPIP tested

 

visit the Maine Chicken Stocks swaps and shows thread to see what's going on in your part of Maine

 

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/maine-chicken-swaps-stocks-and-shows-2014

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!