BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › "Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps" - Page 4491

post #44901 of 46529
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcrow View Post

You'll need to contact the local ag department in your area. I have the info if you're in southeast Louisiana. I just got mine renewed and rules have changed for AI and may change again. Just to keep in mind, if you do not follow the rules for NPIP and are caught it is a $6000 fine. Ouch!

I did see that I would have to agree to not purchase birds from someone who is not NPIP. But other than that what r the rules?
post #44902 of 46529
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun chicken View Post

Looking really nice!!! I like the color scheme

I actually graduated high school with Jonathan (Dr. Roberts). I've been talking to him a good bit lately about my NPIP testing and a few issues with my birds. He's coming next week to do the test for my NPIP cert. He's good people.

Dr. Roberts didn't do my testing last year, but he did this year and he was great! Very knowledgeable and very helpful too. He is really serious about NPIP and takes personal responsibility with the people he works with.
post #44903 of 46529
Quote:
Originally Posted by mire0042 View Post

I did see that I would have to agree to not purchase birds from someone who is not NPIP. But other than that what r the rules?
you have to fill out a 9-3 form and send it to the people you sell hatching eggs and chicks to, plus send 2 copies to our local state office. You will also have to check out the receiving states regulations as well to make sure you're good.
If you sell an adult bird out of state and don't have a vet do a health check ahead of time and send a health certificate and get caught there is a big fine.

Just be careful and you'll be fine! smile.png
post #44904 of 46529
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcrow View Post

you have to fill out a 9-3 form and send it to the people you sell hatching eggs and chicks to, plus send 2 copies to our local state office. You will also have to check out the receiving states regulations as well to make sure you're good.
If you sell an adult bird out of state and don't have a vet do a health check ahead of time and send a health certificate and get caught there is a big fine.

Just be careful and you'll be fine! smile.png

Got it! smile.png
post #44905 of 46529
Campingshaws: How were u able to put the youtub vidio on the post. Im new don't know how to do that?
That is pretty cool .
post #44906 of 46529
Quote:
Originally Posted by noble View Post

Campingshaws: How were u able to put the youtub vidio on the post. Im new don't know how to do that?
That is pretty cool .

Easy peasy! Copy your youtube link. Then if you're mobile, you'll have to switch to desktop mode. Above the box where you put your reply there are lots of little icons. One looks like two squares of film. Select that one, and it will say]/VIDEO]. You just paste your link right in the middle, and it embeds the video! You can just post the link, too.
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
post #44907 of 46529
Hope everyone enjoyed the nice weather!! We put some paint on our coop. Getting closer to being finished! [IMG]
Edited by aprilgrem - 2/14/16 at 1:55pm
post #44908 of 46529

Hey, everyone! I'm checking in from New Orleans. Currently have eleven chickens (two gents, eight ladies, one guinea) and am looking to get one more so I can hop to an even twelve. 

How's everyone doing around here?

post #44909 of 46529
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallantGallus View Post

Hey, everyone! I'm checking in from New Orleans. Currently have eleven chickens (two gents, eight ladies, one guinea) and am looking to get one more so I can hop to an even twelve. 
How's everyone doing around here?

Welcome! frow.gif What breeds do you have?
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
post #44910 of 46529
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgrem View Post

Hope everyone enjoyed the nice weather!! We put some paint on our coop. Getting closer to being finished! [IMG]

That looks SO GOOD.
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
There is no more faithful friend than a slightly hungry chicken.

https://www.facebook.com/sowingandcrowing/
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!
BackYard Chickens › BYC Forum › Social › Where am I? Where are you! › "Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"