A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:54am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
When we first started raising chickens four years ago we got 12 birds - 3 barred rocks, 3 white rocks, 3 buff orpingtons, and 3 easter eggers. The barred rocks were beautiful and had a strong...
Granted I only have a bantam cochin rooster, but I adore my Frizzle too, I've taught him numerous tricks, and he follows me everywhere Some people are saying that they can not get wet, and I would...
These are my Yellow parlor tumblers & Bald Head Parlor Rollers
Amazing birds will definitely get more
Our few feed store Delawares have been awesome backyard additions. They started laying much earlier than our other breeds and consistently lay a large nice brown egg, sometimes with speckling, 5...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Buff hen or rooster?? 4 seconds ago
- › What do we have here 1 minute ago
- › Any guesses as to what my chicks are? 2 minutes ago
- › Help with identifying hen and chicks color? 2 minutes ago
- › The NFC B-Day Chat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or A Cockerel? Click Here! 3 minutes ago
- › French frogs 3 minutes ago
- › Angel Wing Disorder 4 minutes ago
- › Long live the King - the neverending story of Brahmalot! 4 minutes ago
- › Unsure if my quail is nesting 6 minutes ago
- › Barred Rock by arrowti
- › Bantam-Cochin by I Love Layers
- › Parlor Tumbler by mdrake1984
- › Ameraucana by I Love Layers
- › Delaware by fatcatx
- › Old English Game by Madison-Jamil
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Waterer by The Duck Ladie
- › Plymouth Rock : Buff Rock by erinchelsea
- › Lavender Orpington Bantam by Florida
- › Coturnix Quail by ChickenQuail007