A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 4/19/15 at 5:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
Bought three SS chicks for my very first chickens a year ago and it was a great choice! They are friendly and were very easy to tame. They are smart and come up to you and beg for attention. Not to...
Not sure if I should be so biased, as I've only kept 1 Barred Plymouth Rock hen before, named "Lola" (I dunno why, it sounded cute). She's very jumpy and doesn't like human interaction, but isn't...
We absolutely love our little Cochin Bantam! My youngest daughter named our little hen Alien because, well, she looks like an alien! Her and our Cochin roo (Red) are a striking pair. He is...
I fell in love with BA's several years ago when I had a beautiful hen named Girlfriend. She was a textbook lap chicken. She was also an excellent layer and a devoted mother. When we got chickens...
After doing much volunteering at my daughter's ex-primary school with their huge flock of free range chickens the head gave us 4 chicks. 2 turned out to be boys. Poppy our AC was one of them. Rose,...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 14 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 47 seconds ago
- › Signature question 51 seconds ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 1 minute ago
- › Silkiecuddles Chat Thread!!! ANYBODY WELCOME!!! 1 minute ago
- › ~*~ Tracks in the Snow-Sleddog RP~*~ 1 minute ago
- › ALABAMA!! 1 minute ago
- › Illinois... 1 minute ago
- › Ornamental pheasants 2 minutes ago
- › What colors are my keets 2 minutes ago
- › Speckled Sussex by chickengal7
- › Plymouth Rock by BobsChickens
- › Bantam-Cochin by keiferlou
- › Australorp by keiferlou
- › Ayam Cemani Chicken by notcat
- › Rhodebar by Rhodebar Lover
- › Easter Eggers by turtlelady627
- › Red Sex Link by feather13
- › Brinsea OvaScope Egg Viewer by NTBugtraq
- › Backyard Custom Construction Sheds/Runs by Cacique500
- › The Academy for the difference~~Character...
- › Coup de Cadieux: Community Garden and Chicken...
- › Minor Tricks for Chickens
- › Barn Style Coop With 4x10 Run In A Suburban...
- › Caohorse's 2015 Swap Page
- › G4 Farms
- › Open air large size coop
- › The Milk Barn Garden Coop
- › The Barnstormer ( page in progress )
- › Grow Green Chicken Feed At The Backyard