A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:54am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
IMO if you know what you're getting into, silkies are perfect. Why would you buy silkies if you want eggs? Get layers. One thing is for certain they are the most attractive bird. Fluffy and cute.
We only have two red stars in our flock, they are amazing. One comes up to be petted, the other rides around on my shoulder when I'm outside. These two girls hands down beat our buff orpington...
I got 4 Barred Rock chicks my second year of keeping chickens. 2 were very sweet until they died of unknown causes as chicks. the two remaining grew up together with 2 Australorps. One (named...
We had one mille fleur d'Uccle whose name was Dolly. She did not mind being held and was super pretty and sweet. However, she died in the middle of winter of an unknown cause. We were able to get 5...
Every single day my two Easter Eggers (Maia and Snidely) give me two beautiful eggs. It was so exciting seeing what color they would lay. Snidely gives me a pale blue medium sides egg and Maia lays...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Starting an Arduino DIY incubator project 5 seconds ago
- › Temperature in my bator got to 126. :-( 6 seconds ago
- › Avatar Pictures! 6 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 11 seconds ago
- › French frogs 2 minutes ago
- › Post your ''Other'' Uses for feed bags 2 minutes ago
- › Red Tail Hawk 3 minutes ago
- › The last letter Game 3 minutes ago
- › Rescued Injured Pigeon - Feeding and Care tips? 3 minutes ago
- › Consolidated Kansas 3 minutes ago
- › Silkie by ScottyTerrier
- › Star by ameliadanielle
- › Barred Rock by cluck333
- › Belgian d'Uccle by puffypoo22
- › Easter Eggers by Bessetti
- › Orpington by Bessetti
- › Nite Guard Predator Control Light by bestnestbox
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by dogwood8
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Feeder by Libertyrose03
- › 12 lb. Metal Hanging Poultry Feeder by Ifish
- › Ferdie the Rooster
- › Ferdinand the Rooster
- › Take that, Paris Hilton!
- › So Paris Hilton has a pet Chihuahua? Well...
- › AtiHENza's Place
- › Prosciutto and spinach quiche
- › Cottage Playhouse Plastic Chicken Coop.
- › Hen Mahal of the Gold Coast
- › My Flock - Chickens & Ducks
- › Free Range Run and Water Tank Coop