A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 12/30/14 at 7:01pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I have had about 20-25 different chicken breeds and the Brabanter is my favorite by far. She is SO sweet and always follows me around. Very friendly and always squats for me. She is so beautiful...
I have had over 25 breeds of hens in 3 years and this breed is the ONLY only to fly over my fence. I should have listened to the other reviews but I thought since none of my other birds ever flew...
I have 1 Austerlorp and getting more her name is Sassy and she can be dominant but she's usauly the sweetest thing.She's very docile and lays around 300 eggs a year.She loves winter and...
We have two Bantam Wyandottes and they are such sweet chickens. They are called Happy Mrs Chicken (named by our 4 year old - anyone who knows Peppa Pig will understand) and Sparkles (named by our...
i have two- 1,Rose. She has feathers that look like leopard print! Second, Roxy. She has a blue tailtip and lays green eggs. I love americaunas:lol:
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 12 seconds ago
- › need help asap 25 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 1 minute ago
- › Wisconsin "Cheeseheads" 2 minutes ago
- › Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps 4 minutes ago
- › Does ANYONE know what's happening? 4 minutes ago
- › Indianapolis Chicken Owners Help Me with question!!!! 14 minutes ago
- › Help! first time hatching! 15 minutes ago
- › TWINS????? 17 minutes ago
- › Hatch along 2015 20 minutes ago
- › Brabanter by Ariel188
- › Norwegian Jaerhon chicken by Ariel188
- › Australorp by chicken04
- › Wyandotte by JaeG
- › Ameraucana by HenriettaBB
- › Polish by LRH97
- › American Game Bantams by twilightsparkle
- › By Dave Holderread Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks, (2nd Edition) by poult
- › Cornish Cross by cmchickens
- › Dominique by idlewilde35