A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 8/15/15 at 10:18pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I have done a ton of research into the history and genetics of Naked Necks. Check it out...
We bought our CCL chick for $35 (plus her share of shipping) from Meyer Hatchery in mid June. I was intrigued by some descriptions and photos, but after she arrived, along with a White Rock, Buff...
Best chicken! I have many Tolbunt & Laced Polish and I love them. My hens get very broody and lay quite well. I've been pleasantly surprised by them. Who doesn't love that top hat?
Lovely companion and enjoys company
We have only had these chooks for a month+, but they have already won me over. Daily layers of huge eggs, sweet dispositions, big, beautiful birds! And, even though ours were raised in breeding...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Pekin Duck Club! 6 seconds ago
- › PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP 44 seconds ago
- › DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready... 45 seconds ago
- › My chick has swollen eyes after giving her corid!! 1 minute ago
- › grannys gone and done it 1 minute ago
- › As winter comes on, recheck your space 2 minutes ago
- › about month old quail with broken leg, help with treating 3 minutes ago
- › Utah! 3 minutes ago
- › Sebrights 4 minutes ago
- › Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion 4 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by mendocinobirds
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by PeterNaomiGray
- › Polish by MonicaJ
- › light sussex chicken by murphy637k
- › Rhodebar by gachooks
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by Soapfreak
- › Premier Blenheim Poultry Feeder w/Grill - 13 Lb. by NorthFLChick
- › Bantam-Cochin by applebutter14
- › Cornish Cross by AA Maple
- › Old English Game by Bubbles12345
- › Our starting flock
- › Little Army of Chickens
- › It All Started With a Hen Named Kevin
- › My Life with Chickens (LOTS of Pictures)
- › What are some ways to entertain a duck?
- › Pietro - The Most Mishevious Little Sebright...
- › Our Mother Clucking Hen House
- › My Mom's Pound Cake
- › d'anvers and friends
- › Coq au Vin or Poullete au Vin ~ Chicken Stew...