A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
This is only my second group of chicken, my first being Sex-link (brown & black). I find the Plymouth Rocks to be big talkers: talk, talk, talk, all the time. Can be a bit noise. They lay well, I...
I have had two separate experiences with the Buff variety of this breed, and both have been good. The first flock of 5 wasn't extremely friendly, but they were a lot tamer than my Rhode Island...
This was my first incubator, and I am pretty impressed with it, although it could do with a few alterations. I particularly like how easy it is to clean and the selection menu- which automatically...
want it now
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › janoel 48 egg incubator automatic turner humidity? 2 minutes ago
- › grannys gone and done it 2 minutes ago
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 4 minutes ago
- › The official BYC “Poultry SHAMING” Thread! w/ Hosts, Mike & Sally 13 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 13 minutes ago
- › Arizona Chicken Breeders/Sellers: need your info 14 minutes ago
- › Feeding chicks and pullets when integrated 16 minutes ago
- › Grit? And What To Do With It? 19 minutes ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come hatch, learn, Chat, Meet new Friends w/... 22 minutes ago
- › A treatise on Electric Fencing 22 minutes ago
- › Silkie by meusoc
- › Plymouth Rock by 2eggsfried
- › Orpington by cluck333
- › R-Com RCOM Pro10 Fully AUTOMATIC Digital Egg INCUBATOR Brand NEW... by chickygirl7
- › Aloha Chickens by meusoc
- › Plastic Nesting Box by austrolover1
- › Best Nest Box - Rollaway Nest Box - Community Style by egglover123
- › Oregon Gray turkey by WalnutHill
- › Ancona by deedles
- › Indian Runner by pattyhen
- › casportpony's Turkeys
- › Our BCM X Chickens!
- › The Best Chicken Feeder - 8 feeders compared
- › Little Red Barn Coop
- › Modified Garden Coop - aka Hennsylvania
- › My beautiful gals
- › My little 'Swiss' coop in the...
- › The chicken pictures you catch just in time.
- › 15 French Guineas Straight Run!
- › Time traveling couple and our...