A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:54am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
This is an awesome bird to have around children. Very good bird.
First of all, I only got the silkies because they were free to me, and I want to eventually be able to use them to hatch out my other chicks. I never expected to be so enamored with them! What...
I owned this incubator for 2 weeks before it broke, in the middle of a hatch. I set the temperature and it never remained consistent, humidity was horrible!!!!
I ordered this incubator in early March 2015 so that I could hatch out some ducklings, and eventually hatch some chicks. The incubator arrived within a few days, no damage done to it, and in good...
so i have this feeder and i love it for my hens, i can hang it to adjust the height. but don't hang it anywhere near where they can sit as they will poop in it. also my ducks can't really fir their...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Hi! 31 seconds ago
- › Colorado 35 seconds ago
- › FLORIDA!!!!!ALWAYS SUNNY SIDE UP!!! 39 seconds ago
- › Gölden Øąĸŝ - a fantasy RP 50 seconds ago
- › What color am I? 54 seconds ago
- › Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank 57 seconds ago
- › first egg from an eater egger? 1 minute ago
- › Returning Member 1 minute ago
- › Arizona Chickens 1 minute ago
- › The Duck Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australorp by dtown2002
- › Silkie by dragonbird
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by I Love Layers
- › Octagon 20 ADVANCE EX digital egg incubator by I Love Layers
- › 12 lb. Metal Hanging Poultry Feeder by Poultry parent
- › Plastic Flip Top Poultry Feeder by Incukahlan
- › Waterer Base 1Quart Quail Base by Incukahlan
- › Little Giant 10300 Circulated Air Incubator with Fan by Incukahlan
- › White Faced Black Spanish by chickencraz
- › Rosecomb by Alexandra33
- › Predator Proofing for New and Existing Coops
- › My BYC friends.
- › The Biddie Bordello - A Hoop Coop/Run Combo
- › Reepicheep the serama
- › The Amazing Coop of Littles!
- › BunnynChicks Chicken Page warning pic heavy.
- › Monitor Barn Style Coop
- › 4 Season Tractor
- › The Little Farmchick's Coop
- › Flat pack, removable, store-able chicken...