A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I love this book! I read it in two days and it was just wonderful! She even made a diary about her chicks growing up! Wonderful book! If you are a chicken raising beginner get this book!
I ordered 6 chicks from Meyer Hatchery with a 7/21 hatch date. They had so many different breeds to choose from and it took me a couple of weeks before I could finally settle on the breeds I did. ...
My Araucanas (I have two) are my absolute favorites of my flock (and I hate playing favorites but...) They grow fast, they were part of my younger batch and before I knew it they were passing up my...
I love my Sultan! Her name is Cleopatra and she's sooo pretty, sweet, loveable, and she loves kisses! I, personally, think she's pretty and I love the foot feathers. Nothing bad about this breed,...
I LOVE wyandottes! They are very beautiful and incredibly docile! Lucy loves to perch on my arms and head, but the con about it is she will if she wants to, I'm feeding them...She gets on my...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › What chickens are the most broody? 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing silkies to flock?? 7 minutes ago
- › Newbie 9 minutes ago
- › Pullet unable to stand, gaping every few seconds 12 minutes ago
- › How do I know when my ladies are ready to lay? 12 minutes ago
- › NEAS Meet-up's Westford ma (buy sell swap)11/4 see post #1090 12 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 12 minutes ago
- › Help!!!!!Hen Won't accept new baby chick that was just hatched 13 minutes ago
- › Possible eye worm??? Please help. 19 minutes ago
- › Chick Pooping Blood! Immediete Help Please! 20 minutes ago
- › Chick Days: An Absolute Beginner's Guide to Raising Chickens... by DuckRaiser
- › Hatcheries, Day Old Chicks by SMonroe1990
- › Araucana by AwlOrganikLizz
- › Sultan by DuckRaiser
- › Wyandotte by DuckRaiser
- › Black Sex Link chicken by babychick1946
- › Orpington by fatcatx
- › Speckled Sussex by fatcatx
- › Harris Farms 4220 Plastic Poultry Water Fountain, 1-Gallon by GardenFae
- › Pekin by NSawyer