A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/16/15 at 4:05pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
We bought $40 worth of tube insulation to put on our white water hose and the water still gets hot. My husband plans on burying the water hose but we don't have a place in the shade for the...
I have had 2 of these feeders for about a month. When I got them the bottoms completely fell and i was worried it would always Fall off. But it really hasn't fell but we makesure the screw is...
I have 2 of them and they are the easiest i have found so far. The hens seem to like it and It don't Leak that much. Definitely recommend this product.
This is a great all around bird, especially for a beginner. Friendly. VERY docile, can get picked on by more assertive hens, so I ordered my Buff's first to give them a two month head start on the...
I am getting a golden phoenix rooster and will be breeding it to all my other chickens just to see what they look like :) yes i'm experimenting hens: partridge silkie buff Brahma gold laced...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 2 seconds ago
- › still CONCERNED about what to use for feather dustbathing... at... 26 seconds ago
- › Yum or Yuck? 33 seconds ago
- › Border Aussie puppy weight and growth 34 seconds ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 44 seconds ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 51 seconds ago
- › ~ Silkie Hatch-a-Long August 2015 ~ 1 minute ago
- › Gross: my chick sneezed into my mouth. Not sure what to do..should... 1 minute ago
- › California - Northern 1 minute ago
- › The last letter Game 1 minute ago
- › Chicken Fountain Automatic Waterer by pfields
- › 11 lb Plastic Hanging Feeder by barneveldrerman
- › Little Giant - 3 Gallon Plastic Poultry Waterer - PPF3 by barneveldrerman
- › Orpington by Mutt Farm
- › Phoenix by phoenix-silkie
- › Chinese Painted(Button) by TheNeonPanther
- › Australorp by Zerlog
- › Mille Fleur Bantam by boskelli1571
- › Marans by luvmychickenz
- › Red Sex Link by luvmychickenz