A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 12/3/16
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
Our Blue Bell is a lovely bird. She is a great layer and good with the other 8- Sister Chicks. Good layer, 5-7 eggs per week. Not very friendly, and flies even with clipped...
We handled the chicks and they all come around us. The RR's are the dominant ones in the flock and really pick on the other 6 girls. When we are outdoors, the reds follow us like dogs, which we...
I have one Crested Blue Swedish, Squeaky. She has a Mate named Redford who is a male Black Swedish. I am pretty sure Squeaky (crest blue Swede) is a Crested Blue Swedish, her dad i think was but...
I have one little rooster and am seeking him a hen But I love him he is the cutest one we have he is the funniest
I loved my white cochin to pieces wish I still had her. She was my first broody that I've ever had and took great care of her chicks. Didn't lay eggs frequently. About 4 during a 7 day period.
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Granny's gone and done it again 1 minute ago
- › Do ducks need swimming water? 1 minute ago
- › What gender do I have? 1 minute ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 1 minute ago
- › GAMES FOR EGGS - BATTLE CHICK TRIFECTA - Prize is Ayam Cemani CHICKS!! 3 minutes ago
- › DIY incubator?(Need Help) 5 minutes ago
- › It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play 7 minutes ago
- › BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT. 9 minutes ago
- › Minnesota! 10 minutes ago
- › Michigan Thread - all are welcome! 10 minutes ago
- › Why are my hens not laying? Click here for...
- › Chickens at Sweet Pea's Rustic Roost
- › The Art Of Socializing Chickens
- › The Lowly Christmas Tree!
- › Fall Chickens
- › The Story of Pepper the Easter Egger!
- › My backyard Coop
- › The little banty flock~
- › My BYC Family (best friends)
- › Our Dead World member page