A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
My Svart Hona are among my favorite birds. They always come over to interact or see what's happening when I go to the coop/run and neither the hens or roosters have shown anything but the best...
I have 23 Rhode Island Reds right now, I have 11 hens 1 rooster, and 11 in the brooder. I got my first Rhode Island Red over a year ago, and she has laid almost every day sense I have had her,...
I picked two of these up at Tractor Supply about six months ago. I should note that I have nesting boxes in the coop already, but I wanted to change things up so that it was easier to clean and...
Barred Rocks are great birds and I just love them. I have two called Marble and Oreo. Oreo is kind of shy and I'm pretty much the only person who can touch her. Marble is just a baby and loves to...
I bought a handful (or in some cases more) chicks of about 12 breeds this year to compare. I concentrated on dual purpose breeds that are known for being very good meat birds, cold hearty and non...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › GAMES FOR EGGS 9 seconds ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Summer's chat thread! 10 seconds ago
- › Not sure what our new chicks will look like. 44 seconds ago
- › Raising Guinea Fowl 101 45 seconds ago
- › Cochin Thread!!! 1 minute ago
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2 1 minute ago
- › ^The Two Forests^ A Shapeshifting RP 1 minute ago
- › Which breed game 1 minute ago
- › INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally... 1 minute ago
- › Svart Hona by 0wen
- › Rhode Island by stormyhorses98
- › Plastic Nesting Box by Bocktobery 10
- › Barred Rock by HappyClucker7
- › Delaware by jake and pippa
- › Speckled Sussex by PrettySpeckleds
- › Add-A-Motor D20 Chicken Coop Motor by coophead
- › Easter Eggers by lonniedeohio
- › Brahma by CrowHollowFarm
- › Bielefelder by CrowHollowFarm