A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 9/13/15 at 1:23pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I love this breed they are so funny and timid they can not see very well though other than that they are amazing
I have a similar chicken coop. After two years I made a new roof over the old one because it started to leak. The connexion with the nesting boxes (hinge) was leaking and i made a strip over...
Getting good looking Serama for breeding is a task and a half since you have to wade through a lot of information and be willing to pay high prices on pairs or chance-y eggs, but if you are looking...
Australorps originated from the cross breeding of Orpingtons to create a more well-rounded chicken. :) As such, they have fantastic personalities like the Orpington, however are known for their...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › The Wyandotte Thread 7 seconds ago
- › grannys gone and done it 7 seconds ago
- › Daily (or weekly) Chicken Picture Thread- Post your chicken pics here! 27 seconds ago
- › She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one! 1 minute ago
- › My chicken has passes a large lump [graphic pics] 2 minutes ago
- › Egg Layers that are good family pets too? 2 minutes ago
- › Kentucky people 2 minutes ago
- › Pilgrim geese - male or female??? 3 minutes ago
- › Chook Contest With Prize 4 minutes ago
- › What to do in fall? 5 minutes ago
- › Polish by chick fire
- › chicken coop, up to 5 chickens, Pets Station by BDutch
- › Serama by Skink
- › Ameraucana by EggyTheHen
- › Australorp by lozpearl
- › Pyncheon by Kodakchickens
- › Nankin Bantams by Kodakchickens
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by naturalchickens
- › American Game Bantams by ahmadeido
- › Orpington by QueenMisha
- › **How to photograph your chickens and other...
- › Kino's Flock [Image Heavy]
- › The Key to Happy Hens and Healthy Eggs
- › Kids with Disabilities Can Enjoy Chickens Too!
- › How to Take Your Chicken Photography to a...
- › Goat Kidding
- › Aussie backyard coop.
- › 1 Day Chicken Coop
- › Chicken Photography For The Uninitiated
- › My nifty hanging water bucket.