A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I love my Speckled Sussex! "Wynnie" is a sweetheart who I hatched in my mom's second grade classroom for a 4-H project and I adore her! She's the friendliest out of my little flock, and she always...
These are honestly the best chickens! When they were younger two of the 4 were a little tough to handle, but now those two are the sweetest, most out-going chickens I have!! They are...
We got five white Wyandottes from an auction. The original owner had kept them in wire cages, so their poor feet were bent and crooked. Not a problem, they could still walk fine, and mostly...
I got a golden male and female day olds along with other bantam day olds. They are gorgeous for sure! I gave the rooster away at 12 weeks. He was very aggressive with the other bantams and any...
They work really well and I have nothing bad to say about them.
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Growth near ear 9 seconds ago
- › Humidaire 21 manual and tips? 18 seconds ago
- › Is this enough space for 8 birds? 21 seconds ago
- › North Idaho / Eastern Washington 1 minute ago
- › Orphaned Chicken and Duck Eggs 3 minutes ago
- › Any advice on anticipating coyotes and how to deter them? 4 minutes ago
- › Help! Lamb with milk in its lungs 4 minutes ago
- › The Natural Chicken Keeping thread - OTs welcome! 4 minutes ago
- › Sick Peacock, please help! 4 minutes ago
- › Toddlers are Quackers 6 minutes ago
- › Speckled Sussex by AnimalLover0330
- › Easter Eggers by beb444
- › Wyandotte by cra-zchicknlady
- › Sebright by Duckee
- › ***Threaded Style*** Oasis Poultry Water Nipples, 10 Pack, Sanitary... by BackyardFlock17
- › Hanging Bucket Chicken Nipple Waterer by BackyardFlock17
- › Chicken Coop, Portable, for 3 to 5 hens by Abbiem00
- › Brahma by SHERRING7712
- › Naked Neck-turken by draye
- › Delaware by hildar
- › My Guineas
- › Have-A-Go Wichita Cabin Coop
- › Pipd's Peeps!
- › Feeding Options at Different Life Stages
- › Pipd's Peeps: Little Duckies!
- › My very very very best BYC friends!!!
- › Austrolover1's Best BYC Friends!!!!!
- › My little flock <3
- › My Sebastopol geese
- › Old Chickens: Giving Them a Comfortable Last...