A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
This breed is a rooster's favorite, they also lay great brown eggs often even a 7 months old my one turken is laying better than my 2 three year-old brown leghorns, the only bad part is that they...
I enjoyed bantams growing up.. Can never go wrong having these sweet chickens. Eggs are optional, but welcomed as they are laid... Getting ready to hatch a few Cochin bantam eggs this spring...
This breed is different from any I've ever had. They do have limitations if you are counting on them for eggs or breeding for years. They give it their best their first year and from then on, they...
These ladies are a sharp looking bird, the lack of typical chicken facial features give them a nice different appearance in comparison to other breeds. They are quick to run away but will come...
We have 3 Silver Laced Wyandotte hens and all 3 are gorgeous. They're friendly and social with both people and their fellow flock members. They're stocky and hearty, great foragers. They are...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › First time hatching eggs 15 seconds ago
- › Sumatra Thread! 38 seconds ago
- › San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread 3 minutes ago
- › Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST! 5 minutes ago
- › MY Ducks have Gape worm! HELP! 11 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 15 minutes ago
- › Pigeon I thought was male now sitting on an egg? 16 minutes ago
- › Underground RR Quilt Block 28 minutes ago
- › Is my chicken egg bound or constipated? 29 minutes ago
- › Geese 33 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck-turken by jgoldy2
- › Cochin by LittleChicks4Me
- › Cornish Bantams by gootziecat
- › Chantecler by Aluckyshot
- › Wyandotte by LoveOfChickens1
- › Black Sex Link chicken by LoveOfChickens1
- › Easter Eggers by LoveOfChickens1
- › Rhode Island by LoveOfChickens1
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Chickenchick11
- › White Star Hybrid by XxMingirlxX
- › REVERSIBLE ROLL OUT SLIDING NEST BOX WITH...
- › How To Build Automatic Chicken Feeder For Free
- › aart's Almost-Waste-Free Funnel Bucket...
- › New Today
- › DIY Coop Drainage System for My Waterers or...
- › How To Raise Ducks For Meat, Eggs, Companions ❤
- › Stress-free Leg Mite Sprayer
- › Alaskan's no cost Bantam Coop
- › ~★~ Spirit Stallion of the Cimmeron RP! ~★~...
- › ...~♥~The Hunted~♥~A Wolf and...