A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I no longer have to rush home in the evening or in the am ( I work nights) to open and shut the coop door. It works great. I installed it myself and had no problems except for the chickens wanting...
Love my 2 buffs, they are by far the friendliest of my 5 chickens, very well behaved, rarely escape the run and always let me pick them up and let my 1.5 year old pet them!
we had 2 we gave one away and that one was the hen. this emijo stands for anger and that anger comes from that he is an egg eater
I have had Muscovies off and on for many years, along with numerous other breeds of ducks. I love all duck breeds, but the lowly Muscovy is truly the survivor and thriver of the duck world. They...
My silkies (past and present - I have just one now) have been very laid back and friendly. They did go through a period when they were pullets that they were afraid of people. I think this has to...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Processing Day Support Group ~ HELP us through the Emotions PLEASE! 25 seconds ago
- › We couldn't bring our new friend back with us from vacation! :( 36 seconds ago
- › New to BYC! 1 minute ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 1 minute ago
- › Rooster dance - dominance or mating? 2 minutes ago
- › Swedish Flower Hen Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I need plans, so I can build a coop, please. 3 minutes ago
- › combs and wattle care 3 minutes ago
- › California - Northern 4 minutes ago
- › ~*Friends and Enemies~A Wolf RP*~ Accepting! 5 minutes ago
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by grannyhowie
- › Orpington by JazzyChicks
- › Silkichin by Lilorp14
- › Muscovy by bunzsudz
- › Silkie by Kluk-Kluk
- › Sicilian Buttercup by Butterprint
- › Wyandotte by Springermom
- › Cream Legbar originally bred by R. C. Punnett by Springermom
- › New Hampshire by Lilorp14
- › Ameraucana by Jan2012