A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I love my silkies to death, just love, love, LOVE them so much! They make the sweetest sounds, and let themselves be picked up. Don't eat too much feed. But they get picked on by my Rhode Island...
My hens are extremely aggressive. They claim certain spots and attack any chickens who enter that spot, whether its the rooster, a silky, myself, or another RIW. Do tend to eat eggs if they aren't...
My Peep lays daily. But can be a little stupid when free-ranging, like going to the roads, not listening to warning calls... Would get again :)
General: I have been keeping and breeding (Large) Silver Appleyards for quite some time now. A great traditional British Breed. They are truly a dual purpose breed, having great egg laying...
My Brahma Hen is so beautiful, although she is skiddish. In the afternoon she is okay with me holding her but during the day, no deal. I just got her about a week ago so I know she is not EXTREMELY...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Freezing rain concerns 3 seconds ago
- › Duck Ratio Help? 6 seconds ago
- › *sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em) 29 seconds ago
- › Ontario - Canada - anyone? 1 minute ago
- › Turkeys biting each other help! 1 minute ago
- › When will she lay? 1 minute ago
- › Boys VS Girls 1 minute ago
- › Moving Forward- Breeding for Resistance to Marek's Disease 2 minutes ago
- › What's with your user name? And what about that avatar? 2 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 2 minutes ago
- › Ashley & Philippe & Jade's Coop...
- › My 6 Chooks
- › My friendly chickens
- › Missy/Tammy's First Time Flock
- › Snappy (The Gold Link hen)
- › - *_+ ♥ - *_ + Peep peep peep's...
- › Johnson Run
- › Chicken Coloring Book For Preschoolers
- › -+-♥-+-♥~Frindizzle's and...
- › mama aflack coop inspierd me to build this...