A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/16/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
Anconas have to be the sweetest birds i know. In fact they were one of the first chickens i got. They were a breeding pair; Cowboy and Sweetheart. Let me tell you, if you want a rooster get...
I have two dark Cornish roosters that I'm selling along with some white Plymouth Rock hens. They are either going to be rehomed OR MEET THEIR MAKER!!! In the 15 years that I have owned chickens...
This breed is very easily acquired and seem like the perfect pet for your kids or yourself. In Fact my favourite hen is a Brown Star named "Piper". Be warned these chickens do not have longevity...
I have three white Leghorn (pronounced "Leg-yurn" by the way) hens named Duchess, Henny Penny, and Lucky. They are the flightiest hens in my group of Brown Stars and Black Australorps. They dont...
My RIR, Waffles, is a perfectly lovely bird in that she is healthy, curious, and a great layer. That said, she will be my last RIR. She's been at the root of every flock dynamic issue that we've...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › STOATS POSSUMS ,, we don't have fox's here 1 minute ago
- › prayer warriors (following Jesus Christ, everyone welcome) 11 minutes ago
- › DFW Area - Any interest in a North Texas swap? 11 minutes ago
- › Do failed brooders need fresh eggs or chicks 21 minutes ago
- › Poultry breeders Texas 22 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck/Turken Thread 25 minutes ago
- › 《Human After All》A Role Play 26 minutes ago
- › PeepersMama's CHAT THREAD!!! :D 29 minutes ago
- › UK Member Please Say HI 29 minutes ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 41 minutes ago
- › Chocolate Flan Cake
- › The first year of our adventure!
- › Spring Time Chickens
- › Chick Photoshoots
- › The beginnings of our little homestead!
- › Well, When You Name a Hen "Bratt"....
- › >~*A Howl At Midnight>*~ A FORGOTTEN...
- › The long and the short of it. And some in...
- › In memory. Rest in peace Hops
- › Macgyver