A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/5/16 at 9:00pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
I bought this incubator about 6 years ago based on enthusiastic BYC member reviews. I used it approximately 4 times over the next several years with awesome results hatching chicken, duck and...
My experience with Welsummers have been great! PROS: She is very pretty. I love her golden nape (back of neck) feathers. Her eggs are amazing! I love their dark color! She is a...
My EE gives me little room to complain about her. PROS: Her eggs are SO beautiful and they catch the eyes of visitors frequently, and she is quite diligent in her laying...
If I had to pick a favorite of my girls, it would CERTAINLY be my BR. Allow me to tell you why: 1) Since she was a chick, she has always been calm and handleable. She is great for kids who just...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
- › Troyergals Chat Thread!!! 10 seconds ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine. Hosts,... 23 seconds ago
- › Moving chicks outside? 32 seconds ago
- › CCL gender confirmation 36 seconds ago
- › Granny's gone and done it again 37 seconds ago
- › Not Sure If You've Got A Pullet Or Cockerel? Click Here! Thread 2 1 minute ago
- › Surviving Minnesota! 1 minute ago
- › The Princess and The Frog (Mix Up) RP 2 minutes ago
- › Hi! Growing Ducks on Vancouver Island 2 minutes ago
- › Breed question! 2 minutes ago
- › Polish by AmySellersARt
- › Brinsea Octagon 20 ECO Auto Turn Egg Incubator by SeaHen
- › Welsummer by TheBantyCoop
- › Easter Eggers by TheBantyCoop
- › Barred Rock by TheBantyCoop
- › Production by crazy rooster34
- › Golden Sex Link by crazy rooster34
- › Brahma by Henrik Petersson
- › Phoenix by gholmomma
- › Fresh Eggs Daily: Raising Happy, Healthy Chickens...Naturally by jbudin2000
- › Mustangs Recent Chicken Pictures
- › My BYC family. P.S you guys are awesome
- › Pure English Silver Laced hens also!
- › The Life Of A New Hampshire Hen
- › Pure English Silver Laced Rooster
- › °The Flight of the Burritos° A RP of...
- › General and Lily
- › New Simple but Secure Chicken Coop
- › aart's Chick Corral
- › Ten little hens...