A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 4/14/15 at 9:13pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
i have 2 Cochins, a black bantam hen (Lucy) and a white standard Cochin hen ( Snowy) they are very nice but when i put my new birds with the flock Lucy was very mean to them and its been about 2...
This little incubator is great when it's working. I had 3 successful hatches in two years. However, 4 days before the chicks were due, the heating unit and sensor shot craps. The "alarm" is a tiny...
Carmelita The Aloha is the American answer to the Swedish Flower. Think Hawaiian flowered shirts. It's a very hardy bird that can take the heat in summer and cold in winter. Some will brood...
2 years ago I got my first BYC as ready-to-lay from Frey's hatchery in Ontario. We ended up with 2 RIR, 1 BR, 1 BSL and 1 Columbian Rock!!! She was our favourite! So brave and outgoing. She would...
I love my buffs, Tiny and Peep, naturally named by their description. Sweet birds, very calm when held, very submissive to the roos, but very aggressive with new chicks. From what I've observed, it...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 935/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 935/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 935/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 935/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 935/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 935/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 935/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 935/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Iowa Blues - Breed thread and discussion 11 seconds ago
- › Barnvelder chick 16 seconds ago
- › RANDOM STUFF! 25 seconds ago
- › "EGGCUBATOR "SOLD ON EBAY , HAS ANYBODY USED ONE ??? TEMPERATURE... 31 seconds ago
- › Ridley bronze turkeys / Bronze breasted turkeys 1 minute ago
- › Should Baby Chickens be imprinted on a human before getting them as... 1 minute ago
- › chick age 1 minute ago
- › Stella's Social Club 1 minute ago
- › Pekin Duck Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Mystery chick 🐣 2 minutes ago
- › Cochin by applebutter14
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by Katmando
- › Aloha Chickens by Deerfield Acres
- › Colombian Rock by NothernChick
- › Orpington by inthesticks1847
- › Khaki Campbell by silkiecuddles
- › Plymouth Rock by Wishapup
- › Sussex by silkiecuddles
- › Redcap by Flight Of Fancy
- › Ameraucana by SesameChicken10