A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I was pleased to find an egg turner that fit into my styrobator, comes with a standard house plug. No assembly, just plug in. I was concerned that it vibrates as it turns and have no idea if that...
I haven't had yokohamas for very long but I purchased a pair from Brisbane from quality lines to make sure I started off the bat with good birds. Freight ontop to be sent to the Northern Territory...
One of my favorite birds is a Welsummer I called "Gah" got the type of noise she makes. She broke her leg and I kept her seperated in a dog crate in our garage while it healed. She would call after...
I currently have 3 silkie hens, and I love them! You don't have to clip their wings either, because they are shredded. I have one silkie that is beautiful, kind and wouldn't hurt a soul. I then...
I adopted an australorpe when she was already 4 years old thinking it would just be a short stop over before freezer-camp, but she ended up staying for almost a year because she was such a great...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › September Hatch-A-Long 1 minute ago
- › 5 day old ducklings, am I just a worry wart or is something going on? 4 minutes ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 8 minutes ago
- › Orpington died suddenly 8 minutes ago
- › Arizona Chickens 10 minutes ago
- › Sick quail- lost voice and wheezing 12 minutes ago
- › Our introduction to keeping chickens, the high's, the lows and pics... 12 minutes ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 14 minutes ago
- › sound-proofing - experience with rooster box? (see bottom pg 2) 17 minutes ago
- › Is this gout? 24 minutes ago
- › Winter Chicken Keeping
- › My Guinea Adventure!
- › Apple Cider Vinegar and Garlic: Two of the...
- › handyhens little flock
- › I think I want chickens
- › Atomic Powers Member Page
- › What should I do with that old trampoline?
- › Quacks, Honks, And Clucks ~ A Duck, Goose,...
- › Hildy's Chicken Deluxe
- › Almost finished small coop, pen