A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 12/30/14 at 7:01pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
my buff orpington was a hen and her name was Karen, I raised her from a chick and she was my 1st chicken I ever had and she was the tamest and friendliest one, too. I was going to show her at th...
Very nice ducks, originating in England. Good layers, not good flyer's, and similar to Khaki Campbell's.
I have had for of these birds since April of 2014. I purchased them as pullets. They are the most friendly birds I have had. I live in Ontario Canada -32C or -25F here last night and they were...
Our first Pekin ducks came to us in the way of five eggs from a friend. We placed them in our incubator and three hatched. We wanted five ducks so we purchased two from Tractor Supply. We had...
I bought one of these when my chicks outgrew their baby feeder. It was broken within days. Just fell apart. Plus, it tipped over easily and just slopped feed EVERYWHERE.
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › what breed are these roosters some one dumped them in the woods... 1 minute ago
- › The Old Folks Home 3 minutes ago
- › Pennsylvania!! Unite!! 4 minutes ago
- › Show Off Your American Gamefowl!!! 11 minutes ago
- › white or brown leghorns - advise please! 33 minutes ago
- › Vote (white egg or brown egg) 37 minutes ago
- › New layer 39 minutes ago
- › Babies arrive in 3 days. 41 minutes ago
- › North Carolina 43 minutes ago
- › Show off your Peas! 46 minutes ago
- › Orpington by applebutter14
- › Buff orpington egg laying ducks by mymilliefleur
- › Red Sex Link by mojoejoe
- › Pekin by nova022
- › 11 lb Plastic Hanging Feeder by HighStreetCoop
- › Chicken Fountain Automatic Waterer by HighStreetCoop
- › Wyandotte by girlyhurley
- › Rouen by mymilliefleur
- › bantam ameraucana by yardbird88
- › The Illustrated Guide to Chickens: How to Choose Them, How to Keep... by Chickenchick11
- › Gator's ladies
- › ~Age of Orcs~ Members Page
- › ~Love and War~ Member Page
- › Deluxe West Texas Coop!
- › Brooding and Raising Turkey Poults
- › Cathy's Poultry and Stuff
- › Scrunch and the gang!
- › The Shifting War Member Page
- › Poult's Flock Of Never Ending Coexistence
- › What in the world happened here?????