A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 6/23/15 at 7:26pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I have a mix aseel and it is awesome they are very good and cool:D
This found was completely unreliable for us. If it gets even the slightest big off balance, it will not work. We tried everything right down to constructing a wooden structure to hold it stead, but...
What a waste of money. Its like they didn't even have any idea what the end product was supposed to be used for and just made it "look good". I'd lay odds that no one who designed this thing had...
I love my Barred Rock. She is friendly, outgoing and gets along with my Ameracauna and SLW. I only have one, but she is very sweet! And the first of my tiny flock to try something new. She is very...
i bought one this year, and it was really cheap, less then $10.00. it works really good, too. i had to hang it because my birds would knock it over. and it leaks when you flip it over to put it...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Long time parrot breeder - new to chickens 3 seconds ago
- › Broody chicken hatched ducklings 15 seconds ago
- › Chick with cross beak *pics* 34 seconds ago
- › Marans Thread - breed discussion & pictures are welcome! 1 minute ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 1 minute ago
- › opinions on diatomaceous earth? 1 minute ago
- › Gender? Dominique chick 2 minutes ago
- › Muscovy keepers share your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Picked auto-sex breeds, got roos anyway? 3 minutes ago
- › Stella's Social Club 3 minutes ago
- › Aseel by Kingofroosters
- › Automatic King Size Poultry Fount - 2550 by JNTx3
- › Farm Innovators "All-Seasons" Heated Plastic Poultry... by evemfoster
- › Barred Rock by beginnergirl
- › Harris Farms 4220 Plastic Poultry Water Fountain, 1-Gallon by applebutter14
- › Crested White by applebutter14
- › Black Swedish by applebutter14
- › Call Duck by applebutter14
- › Cayuga by applebutter14
- › Red Sex Link by chicksRcute