A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 12/18/14 at 6:09pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
overall, i like it.
I LOVE ORPINGTONS! There are so many varied colors and I am collecting and want to breed them all. My chocolates are so docile and friendly. As a matter of fact my rooster loves to be...
I have a couple of these birds, and their legs are beautiful! But they are a bit flighty.
This feeder does the job well enough. I just don't enjoy cleaning it out when the chicks scratch bedding in it. Even adult birds kick up dirt into it, and they have trouble getting out all the...
i really want this chicken
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › Did anyone see this report? 10 seconds ago
- › 6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long 12 seconds ago
- › Mountain Peep's Awesome Chat Thread! (All friends welcome!) 42 seconds ago
- › My Prediction 59 seconds ago
- › The Griffin and Dragon war~ always accepting~ 1 minute ago
- › Pokemon rp ~ always accepting~ 2 minutes ago
- › how many Eggs you get today 3 minutes ago
- › HELP PLEASE! in the middle of an assist hatch & my guide is... 3 minutes ago
- › Hi from Rhode Island! 3 minutes ago
- › Christmas 2014 Hatch-a-Long (12-25-14) 3 minutes ago
- › Plastic 1 Quart Jar Feeder by Turkenstein25
- › Orpington by Heron's Nest...
- › White Bresse by Ebove06
- › 12" Slide Top Feeder - 9814 by chickincrazy
- › Barnevelder by chik love
- › Golden Sex Link by GAchickennewbie
- › Delaware by GAchickennewbie
- › Leghorn by spitfirecream15
- › Barred Rock by GAchickennewbie
- › Marans by Oscarsgravett