A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 3/17/15 at 12:40pm in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
Wyandottes are one of my favorite breeds of all time. They are so friendly and docile and are very calm around children. They are superb layers and continue to be through out the winter. They grow...
Okay so this big, white Satan-bird roars like a full-blown velociraptor for 10 minutes every time she even thinks she sees people. She's my perimeter alarm, she's great at that--I can hear her...
Love this automatic door. Was VERY easy to install. Love the light sensor; worth extra money to get this feature. Mine is battery operated with the light sensor, and in a year and a half, it has...
I love my Barred Rock. She is a talker though. If I am in the yard working, she is right there telling me a story and if I sit down for a bit, she knows she can be a lap chicken for a while and get...
I got my spalding, originally i wanted an indian blue, and he is a pain in the butt. I had a purple peahen, and she was an angel, indian blues and their color varieties are more docile than the...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 925/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 925/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 925/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 925/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 925/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 925/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 925/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 925/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › ALABAMA!! 13 seconds ago
- › New here !!' 1 minute ago
- › Fertile egg damaged in shipping, or infertile? Pic included... 2 minutes ago
- › should i cull and start over? 4 minutes ago
- › No Eggs in 5 days! 4 minutes ago
- › Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Ask your chick related questions HERE! (Newbies welcome!) 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread 7 minutes ago
- › A tiny least weasel in my hen house & yard ! How to get rid of it? 8 minutes ago
- › incubator ideas! post your ideas for home made incubators, whether... 9 minutes ago
- › Wyandotte by wyandottegirl
- › Delaware by Noodlez
- › Pullet-Shut Automatic Chicken Door Chickendoors.com by msyfoopoo
- › Barred Rock by ChicagoClucker
- › Peafowl by annarogetta
- › Orpington by RedBreasted
- › Amber Star Hybrid by cluckcluckgirl
- › GQF Hova-Bator #1583 Picture Window Turbofan Egg Incubator by QuailGuy88
- › Side mounted, Spring-loaded Chicken/Small Animal Water Drinker - 10... by Tazbeaux
- › Partridge Plymouth Rock by Theofire88