A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 11/23/15 at 6:54am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
We got an assortment of bantam chickens 5 years ago from TSC. We got several OEG girls and boys. The roosters were all gentlemen, guarding the girls and not messing with us. We eventually got...
I have a BLRW. She is a great layer! She lays large light brown eggs. She is friendly and quiet.
My partridge silkie didn't lay till she was almost 9 months old. I was thinking maybe my she is a he. She lays good, small brown eggs. But when she goes broody she is extremely hard to break and...
I have a bantam frizzled black cochin. I got her as a laying hen. She is sweet and docile. She lays pretty well despite what I read. She has gone broody so that can be good or bad thing depending...
I have a Polish hen that is mottled with leakage and not a recognized color. She is a friendly bird and always come running with the rest when I go outside. She is good layer. Her eggs are white...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?post #2 of 955/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 955/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 955/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 955/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 955/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 955/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 955/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 955/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › North Idaho / Eastern Washington 2 minutes ago
- › When can I feed my ducks yogurt 9 minutes ago
- › help sexing buff ducks 12 minutes ago
- › Laying and Starter Feed? 14 minutes ago
- › Learycow's 2016 Call Ducklings! 17 minutes ago
- › HELP Drake is limp and might have worms 19 minutes ago
- › Need help tweaking my end of incubation 20 minutes ago
- › Keep broody from overheating? 21 minutes ago
- › Frizzle ringneck pheasants? UPDATED WITH PIC 22 minutes ago
- › runner duck with shaky legs. any ideas? 24 minutes ago
- › My chicken adventure
- › Buying chickens- What to look for?
- › my two girls, Bellatrix and Magonnigal.
- › The Chicken Worlds Worse Chore, culling the...
- › Buying Chickens- What breeds are right for you?
- › Keeping Polish chickens.
- › Broody Hen -Tips & Pictures on What to Do
- › Time-traveling couple with 'historical...
- › Time-traveling couple with chickens in New...
- › Little Lolly