A bid just closed a day or so ago on eggbid on a pair of Coronation Sussex. I know nothing about these chickens what is up with that breed.
Anyone know anything about them? Must be the next hot bird off the presses
Recent Images In This Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Which one of these is most freindly/ your favorite? Last post on 7/26/14 at 10:44am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- What colour is my Roo? Last post on 12/16/12 at 4:31pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Partridge Rock and a ??? Last post on 4/13/12 at 8:22am in General breed discussions & FAQ
- wandering roo - what is he? Last post on 5/12/12 at 5:00am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Light Brahma vs Sussex Last post on 5/12/13 at 8:27am in General breed discussions & FAQ
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
- Sussex White With Black On Neck And TailLast edited: 1/10/12
- Sussex LightLast edited: 1/10/12
I had 7 light Brahma's and 4 buff Brahma's that i raised from chicks. I ended up with only one light girl, and the rest were boys, but all the buff's were girls. Even the 6 roosters were friendly,...
I raise coturnix for both eggs and meat. Easy to keep, non aggressive to people. Laws vary by state. For someone without a lot of room, its a great answer to fresh eggs! Really enjoyable birds, can...
I've tried this product several times, and still use it. It is very safe for use on chickens, compared to Sevin or poultry dust. But, I haven't found it to be all that effective at actually...
I give these to all my birds, and every bird loves them! They might start out wary at first, but once they get a taste, they go crazy over the mealworms. Even sick birds seem to like the mealworms,...
I used this incubator a few years ago after being given it by a friend. It was my first time incubating bantam chicken eggs, so I didn't start out with very high expectations. In the end, 2 chicks...
Coronation Sussex 600 pair what is up?
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #2 of 915/12/09 at 1:29pm
He is one of only a few people in the USA with them. They are EXTREMELY RARE. His stock was imported in to the US in 07 at a pretty hefty price tag.Adam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled SussexAdam, Memphis, TN
Daddy to 1 Greyhound & 2 Italian Greyhounds
Breeding Bantam Speckled Sussexpost #3 of 915/12/09 at 8:20pmThread Starterpost #4 of 915/12/09 at 10:22pm
Here is a little more info on those birds from the person who imported them. I think the buyer on Eggbid got a deal compared to what the seller paid for them all totaled.
http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=266244May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, so we will know them by their limping.post #5 of 915/17/09 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #6 of 915/17/09 at 9:38pm
Dont' get me wrong, they are pretty birds but $1,000 or even $600?????!!!!! Sorry dear, I can't make the house payment this month. I bought a chicken!!
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.
Husband of 12 years, amazing 6 yo daughter, 9 horses, too many chickens, 2 turkey, guineas, 5 peafowl, a goose and 3 ducks.post #7 of 915/17/09 at 10:23pmThread Starter
But do the math. I hear they are good layers. So a breeding pair produces 200 eggs per year, one hundred pairs, 60K first year. Piece a cake LOL. At a thousand dollars a pair 100 K. I am going to buy them all. Easy money.
I dont mean to poke fun either. If that is what people will pay then that is what they are worth to them.
I sure do like the birds thoughpost #8 of 915/18/09 at 3:00am
The Coronation Sussex are very beautiful and Paul has very nice birds that he imported.
We have the Coronation, Light and Buff from his imports and enjoy them very much.
Edited by Big Blue - 5/18/09 at 3:08am
Creator of the Lavender Cream Columbian (Champagne) color.
We are working on this color in Ameraucanas.
Lavender Birchen Marans.
We are proud members of the Ameraucana Breeders Club (ABC).post #9 of 915/18/09 at 6:28am
- Farm Daze
- › HELP! Does anyone have a copy of the 1959 edition Better Homes and... 6 seconds ago
- › 6th Annual BYC New Year's Day 2015 Hatch-A-Long 23 seconds ago
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 34 seconds ago
- › December Hatch - Keeping our fingers crossed =) 40 seconds ago
- › My chickens won't go in nests 2 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 3 minutes ago
- › Kleo's ducklings, out in the big world! 4 minutes ago
- › Black orpington - cock or pullet? 5 minutes ago
- › The Rhodebar thread! 8 minutes ago
- › Does anyone see a problem withe starting with these hens 8 minutes ago
- › Brahma by cityfarmer12
- › Coturnix Quail by jchny2000
- › Poultry Protector Spray 16 oz. by Wyandottes7
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy by BantamLover21
- › Chick Bator Egg Incubator - 9108 by BantamLover21
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by BantamLover21
- › Euskal Oiloa - Marraduna Basque by Free Feather
- › Orpington by MinnetonkaBoater
- › Jersey Giant by MinnetonkaBoater
- › Gold Star by MinnetonkaBoater
- › ~Survivors~- A dog RP_ All are welcome
- › Information on Chicken Eyesight
- › In the day and life of my birds
- › ~*~ Frindizzle The Family Hobby Farm! ~*~
- › The Chicken Hotel (4'x8'x4')...
- › ~Standard Heritage Turkeys-Breeds, Facts and...
- › Cape Cod Coop
- › "Addition" to a cheap kit
- › Common chicken myths: true or false?
- › Horses of the Forever Storm~ always accepting~