Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I've never bothered with purchasing Happy Hen Treat Mealworms, because I just purchase the mealworms for wild birds. Same exact thing for nearly half the price. And you probably even get more...
I have been raising buff Orpingtons for years now, and they never cease to entertain me. My favorite hen, Brooklyn is one of the best layer hens I've ever had. She is a awesome mother (has hatched...
These are my absolute favorite chicken. Each one of them has their own personality, as well as their own unique patterns and colors of "flowers". They will run to you when they see you and come...
I have never had a hen, but my friend bought me one, who was crazy, and then all her chickens got stolen. Then she got another one for herself, and that girl is crazy, and then I got one for me,...
If I was going to have only one breed forever, it would very likely be EE's. If I sit down outside, I've got 5 chickens trying to fit on my lap! They are one of the few chickens I let little kids...
Cochin Thread!!! - Page 2072post #20712 of 215883/5/16 at 4:32pmpost #20713 of 215883/6/16 at 4:38ampost #20714 of 215883/6/16 at 5:11ampost #20715 of 215883/6/16 at 2:03pmpost #20716 of 215883/6/16 at 2:12pmQuote:
My roosts are just moderately higher than the boxes so to them it's all fair game.post #20717 of 215883/6/16 at 3:45pmpost #20718 of 215883/6/16 at 4:42pmpost #20719 of 215883/6/16 at 6:22pmQuote:Great to hear! Nothing like watching them all try to sort out who roosts by who. My large male is the worst at roosting time. Knocks off any banty near him, pecks hens that are not his, his favorite pecks dirt from his beard.That's the mixed flock coop. My Cochin male has a dislocated knee and will not roost. Pile of fluffy butts on the floor there.Hope to get a new male but worry the new one will hurt my guy I have. He's a big sweetheart. Loves his wattles stroked.
Edited by cabinchicky - 3/6/16 at 6:25pmpost #20720 of 215883/6/16 at 6:26pmQuote:
After removing a 30 pound turkey, an 8 pound turken/broiler and a 2 pound cochin from the coop our birds have no idea what normal is anymore. Don't tell them there is about to be 5-6 new chicks and 2 new ducks to sort out.
- Farm Daze
- › Waiting patiently 7 minutes ago
- › Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN 9 minutes ago
- › First MAJOR disaster 15 minutes ago
- › Hi! From Kent England 16 minutes ago
- › HI from West Virginia! 👋🏻🙂 16 minutes ago
- › HALLOWEEN Hatch-a-Long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike, Sally & BantyChooks 18 minutes ago
- › The Old Folks Home 20 minutes ago
- › Quotes and thoughts for the day 29 minutes ago
- › Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat -... 34 minutes ago
- › What breed is this? 37 minutes ago
- › Happy Hen Treats Mealworm Frenzy 3.5 oz Bag by Venevee
- › Orpington by Venevee
- › Swedish Flower chicken by cree57i
- › Speckled Sussex by PeepersMama
- › Easter Eggers by PeepersMama
- › Brahma by PeepersMama
- › Barred Rock by PeepersMama
- › Freedom Ranger by bobhoke
- › Ideal Poultry salmon faverolles by mangobees
- › Chick-N-Hutch Chicken Hutch - 1490 by The Duck Ladie
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.
- › Autumn and chickens.