I am a new chicken owner. Ordered a collection of rare breeds and in that order received two cochins, a blue (Cookie) and a chocolate (Betty Brown), both females. Both are 8 weeks old, but Cookie is HUGE while Betty is smaller. I will take pictures soon.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help in telling what breed my new chicks are Last post on 5/30/16 at 7:30am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Last edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I bought a one of these this summer. It is fantastic. It will pluck 2 birds in 10-15 seconds. My son in law and I cleaned 20 birds in less than 90 minutes. At the end of 90 minutes they were...
Mini Ecos are a great choice for those who want a quality small incubator but don't want to break the bank. Although you will have to turn the eggs yourself and the temperature readout is not...
A Brinsea Mini was my first incubator and it will be my last too. It is a high quality small incubator for the backyard hobbyist; no, you can't hatch a ton of chicks out of it, but it's ideal for...
Can't seem to get any tech support. Can't seem to reset it. Alarm was very annoying while trying to figure out why it won't climb to set temps.
I have one specific polish that I have owned for over five years now and she is still my favorite bird. She (and all of the other polish) will perch on my shoulder and will literally act...
Cochin Thread!!! - Page 2107
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #21062 of 215885/18/16 at 5:44am
One may possibly be bantam, meaning a smaller version of that breed. Sometimes its harder to tell.
Sex Link: Black
Ancona: Black Mottled
Because Black Chickens are my favorite. Next question..
Sex Link: Black
Ancona: Black Mottled
Because Black Chickens are my favorite. Next question..post #21063 of 215885/18/16 at 7:48ampost #21064 of 215885/18/16 at 9:02ampost #21065 of 215885/18/16 at 6:27pmQuote:
I thought standard and large fowl are the same thing? I used to show and there was always two sections for the chickens, bantams and large fowl. I've always heard that standard is just another name for large fowl, and large fowl doesn't have to mean like a giant chicken, just means chickens that are not bantams, bigger birds. I could be wrong though. I've just always heard it this way.post #21066 of 215885/18/16 at 6:45pmQuote:Hitting the other cochin thread for more input on this. I am not sure either. with your show experience though , you are probably correct.Originally Posted by Homie FourQuote:
I thought standard and large fowl are the same thing? I used to show and there was always two sections for the chickens, bantams and large fowl. I've always heard that standard is just another name for large fowl, and large fowl doesn't have to mean like a giant chicken, just means chickens that are not bantams, bigger birds. I could be wrong though. I've just always heard it this way.post #21067 of 215885/18/16 at 7:44pmQuote:
I showed two years ago though so I could be remembering wrong also lol Let me know what you find out, I would love to hear.post #21068 of 215885/18/16 at 8:51pmpost #21069 of 215885/18/16 at 9:27pm
- Farm Daze
- › International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP 53 seconds ago
- › Sitting with a cup of coffee. (coffee lovers) 1 minute ago
- › 2 chickens 3 eggs 3 minutes ago
- › FACE PAINTING CONTEST- Halloween Hatch-a-long 2016 w/ Hosts, Mike,... 3 minutes ago
- › Star Wars VS Star Trek 3 minutes ago
- › Impacted Crop, like clay, won't vomit 4 minutes ago
- › Chickens Crop 4 minutes ago
- › Necropsy Pic - What do YOU see? 4 minutes ago
- › How do you transport chickens? 5 minutes ago
- › Limping chicken 6 minutes ago
- › The Chicken Whisperer's Guide to Keeping Chickens: Everything... by Flock Master64
- › 2 Gallon Double Wall Fount by Flock Master64
- › Yardbird Chicken Plucker by duluthralphie
- › Brinsea Mini Eco Egg Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Brinsea Mini Advance Incubator by QueenMisha
- › Sanven Janoel 48 Eggs Digital Automatic Turner Incubator Hatcher... by southernhusky
- › Polish by Faverolle Lover
- › Leghorn by RodNTN
- › ChickenGuard Automatic Door Opener by speedy2020
- › Brahma by Flock Master64
- › Small Chicken Coop Designs Pictures Of...
- › Clucksville PTA/information page
- › Looking for Calm Breeds of Chickens? ~ Click...
- › Clucksville School district Student/Teacher age
- › Chicken Exhibitions and Showing: How to get...
- › Glossary of Chicken Terms
- › -Feathers-Rp member page
- › ~The Quackers- Past and Present~
- › New to Chickens and don't know witch...
- › Wound Care for chickens.