I think I'll peek today as well. It's just so much fun!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Medicated Feed vs. Growth of Chicks? Last post on 12/23/16 at 9:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 1/19/17 at 7:36am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 2/28/17 at 1:49pm in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 2/22/17 at 6:57pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 3/22/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I purchased day-old bantam Buff Brahmas from a hatchery, ending up with 4 pullets and 1 cockerel, a nice little breeding group. The chicks were handled frequently but were never nearly as...
Great first time ducks. my female layed even through the winter, she only took about 3 weeks off. great foragers, my female is my loud one letting me know I went past feeding time, my male is a...
really great layers but don't like handling much, mine wouldn't let me near them. i raised the whites and the browns, they were escape artists but for a good reason. they can evade a lot of predators
Mine are a week old, so I don't have a lot to judge on yet, but they've been so full of character that I was afraid I'd forget some of their antics by the time they reach maturity. I'll update when...
My Sicilian Buttercup, Piquin, is a consistent layer of small creamy eggs, about 3-4 a week. Her plumage is a gorgeous coppery gold with distinctive leopard-like spots; a double comb and high tail...
Cochin Thread!!! - Page 2170post #21692 of 219261/9/17 at 8:09pmpost #21693 of 219261/13/17 at 4:46pmDay 7 candle, 8 of 12 shipped eggs looking great! Pulled the other 4, no development. Not bad after a trip from California to West Virginia!
My flock eggs, all 13 appear fertile and growing. My bearded girls eggs are very dark, so there could be some clears, but I'm pretty sure I saw veining in them all!Swedish ducks, golden comets, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam english chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, OEGBs, Seramas, and Call Ducks!post #21694 of 219261/13/17 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by WVduckchick
Day 7 candle, 8 of 12 shipped eggs looking great! Pulled the other 4, no development. Not bad after a trip from California to West Virginia!
My flock eggs, all 13 appear fertile and growing. My bearded girls eggs are very dark, so there could be some clears, but I'm pretty sure I saw veining in them all!
Awesome! Your going to have a bunch of cute chicks!
I just did my 7 day candle too. Four look great. 2 clears. It's ok because I was just looking to replace 1 bird. Fingers crossed these make it and 1 is a hen!post #21695 of 219261/13/17 at 6:17pmQuote:
I'm the roo magnet, surely you will get a hen.Swedish ducks, golden comets, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam english chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, OEGBs, Seramas, and Call Ducks!post #21696 of 219261/13/17 at 8:44pm
So far we have been lucky with hens. I'd say 75 percent of the chicks we hatched last year were girls and our cackle surprise box was about 80% girls. I was amazed! As long as we get one pullet out of this hatch it will be ok. 2 more weeks!post #21697 of 219261/16/17 at 5:09pmpost #21698 of 219261/16/17 at 5:10pmQuote:
He's gorgeous!!Swedish ducks, golden comets, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam english chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, OEGBs, Seramas, and Call Ducks!post #21699 of 219261/18/17 at 6:17pmpost #21700 of 219261/18/17 at 6:48pm
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Currently, there are 1265 Active Users (52 Members and 1213 Guests)
- › Spring 2017 first timers post! 2 minutes ago
- › Dying left and right! 3 minutes ago
- › Contest #1 Guess How Many Eggs Will Be Set - 8th Annual BYC Easter... 9 minutes ago
- › March 2017! Hatch with us! 12 minutes ago
- › San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread 18 minutes ago
- › Naked Neck/Turken Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Australia - Six states..and that funny little island. 27 minutes ago
- › Free range or fenced in? 29 minutes ago
- › Colourful basket- Who produces what? 29 minutes ago
- › Cute Chick Contest Ends April 1st 33 minutes ago
- › The Little Cottage Coop
- › Easy Omelette Recipe
- › The Honor Of Having A Flock
- › Baby Quail
- › Braided Easter Egg Bread
- › FeatherMtnFarms' Spring Chicks!!! 2017
- › One Myth and One Lie About—Egg's
- › SERAMA INCUBATION TIPS ~ Not hard to hatch...
- › casportpony's random chicken pictures
- › Best Pictures of 2017.