I think I'll peek today as well. It's just so much fun!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryChicken Breedstagged by System, 1/16/12
Related Forum Threads
- Medicated Feed vs. Growth of Chicks? Last post on 12/23/16 at 9:57am in Feeding & Watering Your Flock
- What breed is this colorful chick? Last post on 7/11/16 at 5:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- What kind of chickens are these? Last post on 8/7/16 at 8:37am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
- Help identifying chick Last post on 7/16/16 at 1:51pm in Raising Baby Chicks
- Orphaned adopted babies, help with breed? Last post on 5/21/16 at 6:04am in What Breed Or Gender is This?
INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! Helpful NOTES LINKS & Informational POST...
Last edited: 1/12/17
- The Lowdown on Red Sex LinksLast edited: 9/14/13
- Farm DazeLast edited: 1/23/12
- Standard Large Fowl BreedsLast edited: 6/27/11
I have had several of these and they are definitely one of my favorites! I have had 1 aggressive rooster but the rest have been pretty docile.
I have had a Bantam Dark Brahma, River Styx, who was as friendly (and as fast) as could be. she would never beat up on other birds or struggle in my arms. My current Brahma bird, India (no, I...
My experience with Wyandottes started with a silver laced, who was absolutely gorgeous and the smartest chicken I owned. But, as I said above she was not wary enough of predators, and actually went...
I cared for a flock of chickens (varied breeds) at my last job, and the welsummer and I had a longstanding feud. Despite all attempts to socialize or bribe her, no matter how much time or how many...
I have two black sexlinks, and overall, they are fantastic birds. My two are a little neurotic, but they're overall friendly enough towards me, and put themselves to bed at 6 every night. I get...
Cochin Thread!!! - Page 2170
Featured Stories on BackYard Chickenspost #21692 of 216961/9/17 at 8:09pmpost #21693 of 216961/13/17 at 4:46pmDay 7 candle, 8 of 12 shipped eggs looking great! Pulled the other 4, no development. Not bad after a trip from California to West Virginia!
My flock eggs, all 13 appear fertile and growing. My bearded girls eggs are very dark, so there could be some clears, but I'm pretty sure I saw veining in them all!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, silver duckwing OEGBs and Seramas!Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, silver duckwing OEGBs and Seramas!post #21694 of 216961/13/17 at 5:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by WVduckchick
Day 7 candle, 8 of 12 shipped eggs looking great! Pulled the other 4, no development. Not bad after a trip from California to West Virginia!
My flock eggs, all 13 appear fertile and growing. My bearded girls eggs are very dark, so there could be some clears, but I'm pretty sure I saw veining in them all!
Awesome! Your going to have a bunch of cute chicks!
I just did my 7 day candle too. Four look great. 2 clears. It's ok because I was just looking to replace 1 bird. Fingers crossed these make it and 1 is a hen!post #21695 of 216961/13/17 at 6:17pmQuote:
I'm the roo magnet, surely you will get a hen.Swedish ducks, golden comets and a light brahma roo, large fowl lavender orpingtons, bantam chocolate orpingtons, bantam cochins, silver duckwing OEGBs and Seramas!post #21696 of 216961/13/17 at 8:44pm
So far we have been lucky with hens. I'd say 75 percent of the chicks we hatched last year were girls and our cackle surprise box was about 80% girls. I was amazed! As long as we get one pullet out of this hatch it will be ok. 2 more weeks!
- The Lowdown on Red Sex Links
Currently, there are 1676 Active Users (184 Members and 1492 Guests)
- › Who else is from New Hampshire? ..... 12 seconds ago
- › Muscovy keepers share your pics! 13 seconds ago
- › Luscious Locks Chat Thread! 32 seconds ago
- › Summer's chat thread! 1 minute ago
- › 《Human After All》A Role Play 2 minutes ago
- › EDUCATIONAL INCUBATION & HATCHING, w/ Sally Sunshine, learn... 2 minutes ago
- › The I-phone vs Android contest! 2 minutes ago
- › difficulty in uploading pictures 3 minutes ago
- › The Pet Pigeon Thread 3 minutes ago
- › A century of Turkey talk 2000-2100. 3 minutes ago
- › Lessons I’ve Learned After Five Years...
- › Mom's Pound Cake
- › In Memory of Isadora.
- › Scrambled Egg Salad - easier than boiling...
- › Oakstars Revenge-/-A Warriors Cats RP! Member...
- › My only Black Copper Marans
- › In Memory of Hopie
- › Blue Kings - Blue Laying Fully Crested Hybrid
- › Tsisqua's Tsitaga Girls
- › Your Backyard Egg Sales (Marketing and Branding)