Oh my, I hope this doesn't hijack the thread but gimme a break.
If you don't accept the dictionary as an authoritative source for the definition of a word - then what do you accept?
Mob mentality? Are you kidding me? And since when is the majority usually wrong? Hmmm, seems to me that line of reasoning is what leads to a group of 6-9 people sitting on a court and telling the majority of people who just passed a law that they can't have it. It's the same line of thinking that allows 2% of the population to tell the other 98% what the definition of marriage is - or any other topic you want to pick.
Cliche's and philosophies aside, The ABA and the APA are authentic recognized organizations which have come about through a tremendous amount of hard work, time, and expense with a goal of establishing standards for which these kinds of questions can be answered.
This same argument is played over time and time again with Ameraucanas vs. Easter Eggers and I would imagine other breeds as well. The plain fact of the matter is, refusing to accept the established, standard, authoritative definition is nothing more than simply rebellion and usually a disdain for all authority in an effort to elevate oneself to a position of authority.
If one can define things any way they see fit, that then makes them the authority and nobody else is gonna tell them any different. It's simply the oldest sin in the book - Pride. Rather than submitting to the position that one is created in the image of God, they create a god in their image. Then anything can be anyway anyone ever wants.
Final thought, if we are to go by and live by a "to each his own" definition, why ask the question in the first place?