I wanted to share the exciting news with this community before it goes live...
BYC has been working closely with an organization that promotes more humane treatment of cows for beef production. This organization wants to expand the philosophy of "cage free" and "free range" to the beef industry. Part of this campaign will promote bovine awareness. This is where BYC comes in:
The site and domain aren't currently live, but will be later today. The site will be in a similar format to BYC (for chickens) with basic "how to" guides and a forum.
I'm excited to be involved in this new venture and will be quitting my day job to advance both BackyardChickens and BackyardCows.com
For those of you that already own cows, please shoot me an email. My wife and I are shopping around for a calf and need help with how to house, feed, care for it.
Look for a BYCows advertising campaign that will include bumper stickers, fridge magnets, and BYCows hats (really cute... they are white with black spots and have a fuzzy black tail in back).
I look forward to your participation in the new BackyardCows.com
- 2007 - BYC Expanding - BackYardCows.com
- 2008 - BYC Hacked!
- 2009 - Server Upgrade Good News / Bad News: Post Counts Lost
- 2010 - New BYC Store Product - The EggCell!
- 2011 - NEW BYC Program & Partnership - Sell Your Extra Eggs!
- 2012 - New Forum Section - Exotic Backyard Animals
- 2013 - Big Announcement: BYC & Mark Zuckerberg / Facebook Partnership - BeakBook