Hi all! It was a no go on keeping them at my grandmother's - she is apparently looking to sell her house this year and move to an apartment. It's not the end of the world, since I do have some other options still. I will also be checking in with my cousin who lives down the road from where we live now and see if she might let me keep them there. Her daughter loves them and I'd offer her all the eggs she wants, so we'll see. We are also wanting to keep a piece of the land we own now to keep our camper on so if we are able to do that, I will of course just move the chickens onto that piece of land. I won't know for sure on what I'm going to do until April, at any rate. I have decided to pare down my layer flock a little though and I'm selling off all but one of my buff orpington hens. That'll help my feed bill and I already have a lot of interest in them.
I'm also selling a breeding trio of cemanis, if anyone is interested. All are solid black with the exception of the cockerel who has red in his wattles, but with a good culling program you could start a nice flock with them. I'm only asking $300 since the cockerel has the flaw. If anyone is interested let me know