Originally Posted by rancher hicks
1. Do commercial farms pay this type of amount?
2. Your coverage is based on sales?
3. How do they know how much money you've grossed? It's not how much profit you net?
4. A "rider" is an attachment on top of your other homeowners insurance. For instance, if you had a pool you might have to have a "rider" to cover the pool. Or a dog. Even a swing set might require a rider.
5. How will someone who eats your eggs chickens etc. etc. prove they got sick from your food?
6. Do they require inspections every year? ( I have a friend who sells eggs too). Does it cover donated eggs?
1-3 &5 ) I have no clue, but if having insurance keeps me from losing my farm I'm paying for insurance.
4) yes the farm part is a rider. 6) no inspection unless a claim is filed against you. Yes donates eggs are covered to. So all the donations you make to the church are covered.
You do have to keep strick records. Every $spent on flock keep and every $ earned. Every donation needs a recept as well. Every egg carton you buy every bag of feed. You can average out what they drink a month and add their portion of the water bill to the math. If you hatch you can add the portion of your electric bill that goes on the incubator.
Or you can keep it super simple and just keep track of what is donated and what is sold.
We are going full farm business with it over the next few years but that's because we are going to have cows, pigs, rabbits and 2 acres of peoduce. The business aspect makes it more what I want, as donations to food banks and the school cam be made. No business license and insurance the school and food banks can't accept fresh food.
So in a way spending money now to get all set up makes it so I can help other families like mine. We are low income with 7 people . So save money by growing and raising our food. That also means I have extra that I can afford to help others at least start on a small garden and small meat animals. Or they can help on my projects and benefits if they have no place to do their own.
It boils down to I'm sick of seeing hungry people because it's more fun to be drunk. So no more monitory donations to anyone. The food I donate will fill a child's belly opposed to money helping parents get drunk or otherwise intoxicated.
Ok rant over. Happy thoughts.