New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michigan - Page 3870  

post #38691 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Hill View Post



If by "Good Afternoon" you mean "I want that baby bunny", then YES!  

LOL..... but ummm NO. NO baby bunny for me. Thanks anyway. Just raise it and turn it loose you hard donkey lau.gif
 

 

" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
post #38692 of 50937

Thanks, I read about the 50/25/25% coloring thing before and promptly forgot all about it! But thanks also for the info on which color might be which color as an adult, I haven't found that info anywhere on line yet. (Not to mention I'm spending more time looking at them than on line today!) I ordered all straight run and of the 15 golden buffs looks like I got mostly female. That is sort of nice but it's going to make it harder to pick ones to keep. All those roosters are going to freezer camp since they are hybrids. I wonder what a golden buff female crossed with a blue andalusian rooster will get me? Dang, I wish I had the facilities to keep multiple roosters because when the next chicks arrive in June I'll also have the possibility of a dark cornish and blue laced red wyandotte rooster.

 

Decisions, decisions! hu.gif 

 

Hey, would you have a photo of what an adult splash would look like? My husband just asked, and if he's interested I want to continue keeping him interested. He's my coop builder after all.

 

edtited to add: Oh, just found some photos on feathersite. They have a photo of a blue, black and splash chick. Mine are looking more blacks than blues, but then I really have no idea!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBahmer View Post


In the Golden Buffs, the yellow ones are males, the red ones are females. And in the Andulusions, which I have, there is no sex links in them. The Andulusions come in different colors, there are black, blue, and splash. In the next to the last picture I see one, that is drinking, looks like it is going to be blue, and I see a couple of splashes in there also. The three pale yellow with a hint of blue will be splash.

 


Edited by swampducks - 4/4/12 at 11:06am
2 dogs,10 hens and one rooster, but no more guineas. 
2 dogs,10 hens and one rooster, but no more guineas. 
post #38693 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBahmer View Post

LOL..... but ummm NO. NO baby bunny for me. Thanks anyway. Just raise it and turn it loose you hard donkey lau.gif
 

 


lol.png  Who are we kidding?  If I raise it, it'll be come a pet.  Which is the last thing I need.  

 

It's less than a week old -- both eyes and ears still closed and very little fur -- so there's a good probability it'll die regardless of what I try to do for it, but you know there's always that possibility it'll live just to spite me.  LOL! 

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.   - E.B. White

 

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

 

The best way to be missed when you're gone is to stand for something while you're here. - Seth Godin

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.   - E.B. White

 

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

 

The best way to be missed when you're gone is to stand for something while you're here. - Seth Godin

post #38694 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Hill View Post


lol.png  Who are we kidding?  If I raise it, it'll be come a pet.  Which is the last thing I need.  

 

It's less than a week old -- both eyes and ears still closed and very little fur -- so there's a good probability it'll die regardless of what I try to do for it, but you know there's always that possibility it'll live just to spite me.  LOL! 



LOL  You are too funny Olive.

" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
post #38695 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampducks View Post

Thanks, I read about the 50/25/25% coloring thing before and promptly forgot all about it! But thanks also for the info on which color might be which color as an adult, I haven't found that info anywhere on line yet. (Not to mention I'm spending more time looking at them than on line today!) I ordered all straight run and of the 15 golden buffs looks like I got mostly female. That is sort of nice but it's going to make it harder to pick ones to keep. All those roosters are going to freezer camp since they are hybrids. I wonder what a golden buff female crossed with a blue andalusian rooster will get me? Dang, I wish I had the facilities to keep multiple roosters because when the next chicks arrive in June I'll also have the possibility of a dark cornish and blue laced red wyandotte rooster.

 

Decisions, decisions! hu.gif 

 

Hey, would you have a photo of what an adult splash would look like? My husband just asked, and if he's interested I want to continue keeping him interested. He's my coop builder after all.

 

 

 

I don't have one right now but if I get time I will get one later.  They are beautiful. I myself prefer the splashes over the other ones.
 

 

" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
post #38696 of 50937

Olive - youmakemelaugh....thank you and no, I don't need/want a baby bunny. I have plenty already.

 

RBahmer - I stopped by the house this afternoon and I saw eggs a rockin! Woot! frow.gif

 

 

 

I have 1 Lovely Husband, a Colorful Chicken Flock, French and English Angora Rabbits, 2 Bichons, and 1 Mangy Rescue.

-Jaime

I have 1 Lovely Husband, a Colorful Chicken Flock, French and English Angora Rabbits, 2 Bichons, and 1 Mangy Rescue.

-Jaime

post #38697 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by babigyrl22 View Post


Olive - youmakemelaugh....thank you and no, I don't need/want a baby bunny. I have plenty already.

 

RBahmer - I stopped by the house this afternoon and I saw eggs a rockin! Woot! frow.gif

 

 

 

Woooo Hooooo  That is awesome.
 

 

 

" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
" Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind "
Dr. Seuss
post #38698 of 50937

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillyChicken View Post

450


You guys are killing me with all the bunnies! We had dwarf rabbits when I was little, and while I loved my rabbit and cared for her, they were not terribly interactive or affectionate pets... You all keep tempting me to get bunnies for my kids, lol, but, okay, who has kids with bunnies, and how much do they really interact and play? I mostly remember cleaning up after mine, and finding weeds she liked.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olive Hill View Post

Anybody want a baby bunny?  Found a den in the potato bed while I was turning it for planting today.  hmm.png  Managed to spear three of the four kits with the pitchfork, but the fourth is alive and I may be a hard donkey in general but killing babies whose eyes aren't even open is not something I relish and DH is worthless, he has a fit and has to leave the room when I put chicks down.  LOL! 


Olive, it's a good thing I am pretty sure you are too far away from me, or I would be just your sucker.

 

post #38699 of 50937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Hill View Post


lol.png  Who are we kidding?  If I raise it, it'll be come a pet.  Which is the last thing I need.  

 

It's less than a week old -- both eyes and ears still closed and very little fur -- so there's a good probability it'll die regardless of what I try to do for it, but you know there's always that possibility it'll live just to spite me.  LOL! 


Mom2 is a vet tech who does rescue of wild animals and has been WANTING a bunny........
 

 

"Dear Father hear and bless thy beasts and singing birds and guard with tenderness small things that have no words."
3 Chinese Cresteds, 3 cats, 1 Severe Macaw, Ameracanas/Easter Eggers, ISA Browns, Barred Rocks, French Black Copper Marans, Barnyard Mutts

"Dear Father hear and bless thy beasts and singing birds and guard with tenderness small things that have no words."
3 Chinese Cresteds, 3 cats, 1 Severe Macaw, Ameracanas/Easter Eggers, ISA Browns, Barred Rocks, French Black Copper Marans, Barnyard Mutts

post #38700 of 50937

Yeah, just show up on her doorstep with it, hand it to her and then RUN LIKE HELL!

At the very least, wipe the poop off your feet before getting in the car.

"Member of the Derperella Club-- We're just all goin' round' the rooster, here!"
Good night sweet Trousers, The Derp Club will miss you.
Treasure the love you recieve above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished. Og Mandino
At the very least, wipe the poop off your feet before getting in the car.

"Member of the Derperella Club-- We're just all goin' round' the rooster, here!"
Good night sweet Trousers, The Derp Club will miss you.
Treasure the love you recieve above all. It will survive long after your gold and good health have vanished. Og Mandino
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!
This thread is locked