- Always Grateful
I finally did it! It took months, but I ordered a pair of Silver Laced Wyandotte from Jerry Foley. These birds are just amazing. The type and lacing are incredible and they are big and healthy. I hope to improve the stock of SLW in Utah with this pair. These are by far my favorite birds.
Look at all that lacing!
They type is amazing on these healthy birds.
Your SLW's are AMAZING looking.
First Annual Cream Legbar Club Online Virtual Show
Rules for the Show:
1. Pictures of the entry birds should be unobstructed, close up views with profile views preferred.
2. Pictures should be visually appealing and taken by you.
3. Pictures must be of living birds.
4. Pictures must have been taken within two months of the show end date, October 20, 2015. Although not a requirement for this show, a digital date on the picture is helpful.
5. Pictures of birds must be posted on the Cream Legbar Club First Annual Online, Virtual Show Facebook event page.
6. Entries will be accepted from September 20, 2015 – October 20, 2015.
Categories of Entries:
1. Varieties of Entrants: Cream Legbars, “Crele” Legbars, White Legbars
2. Entrants will be labelled as: Cocks, Hens, Cockerels, or Pullets
Judging and Results:
1. The best and reserve cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet for each variety will be determined.
2. The best and reserve variety will be determined from the best cock, hen, cockerel, and pullet within that variety.
3. The best and reserve in show will be determined from the best in variety champions.
4. The current Revision 4 of the draft Standard of Perfection (SOP) for the cream legbar will be used for judging. We hope to have tentatively approved two preliminary draft SOPs for the White Legbar and the “Crele” Legbar available for the APA judge’s use and comment.
1. The Best in Show winner will receive a two year paid membership to the Cream Legbar Club
2. The Reserve in Show, the Best and Reserve Variety winners will receive a one year paid membership to the Cream legbar Club.
3. Only one award membership will be granted per entrant.
1. When adding your entry to the Facebook event page, please ensure that you title your entry with the variety and label of the bird to be entered.
Examples: Cream Legbar Cock; White Legbar Hen; “Crele” Legbar Cockerel; Cream Legbar Pullet, etc.
This will greatly facilitate judging of the bird and eliminate any confusion of the variety that you believe the bird to be.
2. The judging will be done by an APA registered/licensed poultry judge. So do your best to present your birds in show condition. If this were a live show, the judge would examine and pick up the bird. As such, the judge would expect to find birds freshly bathed and in peak condition.
3. Show birds have attitude!! They unfailingly have a sense of who they are and this message comes across loudly in the pictures of the bird. This, too, is a point of judging birds in a show. How does the chicken carry himself or herself in presenting themselves to other chickens and people?
Capturing this attitude in a picture can make all the difference especially since the APA judge is unable to pick the bird up or observe the bird’s behavior in an online show.
As always, we wish everyone the best of luck in this online show. We are really looking forward to the great pictures of your birds and the results of the great work that you are doing to support the legbar breed and its varieties!
FINAL NOTE: With respect to draft SOPs for this show. As noted in the judging section, we will use the current draft Revision 4 of the Cream Legbar SOP as posted on the club website. We are seeking the APA judge’s comments on the preliminary draft of the White Legbar and the “Crele” Legbar SOPs. With respect to the shape and physical structure of the male and female White and “Crele” Legbars, these varieties will use the same information as the draft Revision 4 of the Cream Legbar SOP.
Entries may be made on the Cream Legbar Club Facebook Event Page