New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Utah! - Page 3159

post #31581 of 33121

I made the short trip into Logan and Cal Ranch and picked up a bag of COB, I've opened the sack and scooped out a 'test' batch for the girls to find when they come back round the coop. I hope they like it. This bag has the grains rolled and they have a brownish over color, which I take as molasses. I do think the target market is for horses, but a little off label trial won't hurt anything. Thanks folks for the tips and insight, your thoughts are helpful. Interesting the different life experiences the various members here have to share. I'll try to post the results in a few days after they get used to seeing it.

 

Lisa, I love that bird you got from Red… I could stand a few of those. She is very pretty to say the least. Looks to be another swell day in northern Utah.

 

RJ

Viking Farms ~ Icelandic Chickens & Hard Feather Bantams

My buildings & birds ~ http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/Welcome-to-Chicken-Georges-Doings

Reply

Viking Farms ~ Icelandic Chickens & Hard Feather Bantams

My buildings & birds ~ http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/Welcome-to-Chicken-Georges-Doings

Reply
post #31582 of 33121
I got a visit from RJ today, a nice one! We had previously talked about me taking one of his pretty Sebrights off his hands...and I got this gorgeous girl here---




Soooooo about that one girl, in true BYC Utah thread fashion, RJ showed up with not one but TWO sebrights, knowing full and well I would not refuse a two for one deal. Hehehe smart guy! ...(.something he was saying about chicken enabling karma I had coming my way?!?! ) Imagine the thought. tongue.png



Thank you again RJ for a pair of beautiful babies. They were a gift to my DH...he loves the banties and since he lost his Japanese he has been looking for a little one. He came home at lunch to see them and really REALLY likes them! thumbsup.gif

You are awesome RJ! highfive.gif
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
post #31583 of 33121
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Casa de Pollo View Post

I got a visit from RJ today, a nice one! We had previously talked about me taking one of his pretty Sebrights off his hands...and I got this gorgeous girl here---




Soooooo about that one girl, in true BYC Utah thread fashion, RJ showed up with not one but TWO sebrights, knowing full and well I would not refuse a two for one deal. Hehehe smart guy! ...(.something he was saying about chicken enabling karma I had coming my way?!?! ) Imagine the thought. tongue.png



Thank you again RJ for a pair of beautiful babies. They were a gift to my DH...he loves the banties and since he lost his Japanese he has been looking for a little one. He came home at lunch to see them and really REALLY likes them! thumbsup.gif

You are awesome RJ! highfive.gif

Beautiful lacing! 

16 Gold Sexlinks, 2 Ameraucana/Leghorn EEs, 13 EE's, 7 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Cuckoo Marans, 12 Bev Davis Black Copper Marans, 5 Lavender Wyandottes, yes Lavender Wyandotte. Also raise Cornish X meat birds.
Reply
16 Gold Sexlinks, 2 Ameraucana/Leghorn EEs, 13 EE's, 7 Silver Laced Wyandotte, 1 Gold Cuckoo Marans, 12 Bev Davis Black Copper Marans, 5 Lavender Wyandottes, yes Lavender Wyandotte. Also raise Cornish X meat birds.
Reply
post #31584 of 33121
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideWing View Post

Beautiful lacing! 

They are pretty cute huh! They are really small, it will be fun to have a couple 'littles' running around that you can tell are actually real chickens haha! Love them!
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
post #31585 of 33121
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Casa de Pollo View Post

I got a visit from RJ today, a nice one! We had previously talked about me taking one of his pretty Sebrights off his hands...and I got this gorgeous girl here---




Soooooo about that one girl, in true BYC Utah thread fashion, RJ showed up with not one but TWO sebrights, knowing full and well I would not refuse a two for one deal. Hehehe smart guy! ...(.something he was saying about chicken enabling karma I had coming my way?!?! ) Imagine the thought. tongue.png



Thank you again RJ for a pair of beautiful babies. They were a gift to my DH...he loves the banties and since he lost his Japanese he has been looking for a little one. He came home at lunch to see them and really REALLY likes them! thumbsup.gif

You are awesome RJ! highfive.gif

Those are adorable!!

2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Production Reds, 1 Brahma and 2 Easter Eggers and 3 Herding dogs and one amazing husband that keeps us all housed and happy.
Reply
2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Production Reds, 1 Brahma and 2 Easter Eggers and 3 Herding dogs and one amazing husband that keeps us all housed and happy.
Reply
post #31586 of 33121
Thanks newmarch! Love them!

One more post here...anybody want some hatching eggs>


I keep them week by week, and these did not sell. Freebies...they are the silkie/showgirl/frizzles and then the brown ones are Splash marans pullet eggs from her paired with my Blue CM Roo. Should be Blue/splash babies, pretty sure none are from my blacks but not 100 percent. Free but they are 2-8 days old (marans are the last ten days eggs) so they need to go fast so they'll stay fertile. She does not lay really dark eggs yet, but she just started, and the roo is good so not sure how dark the egg color would be from the chicks on the Marans scale. Pretty though! And pretty birds. I am going to test hatch her eggs in the spring and see what her offspring do in the fall as far as egg color. She is my only Splash so not any choices on whose eggs to use for that particular project.
Edited by La Casa de Pollo - 10/21/15 at 1:05pm
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
post #31587 of 33121
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Casa de Pollo View Post

Thanks newmarch! Love them!

One more post here...anybody want some hatching eggs>


I keep them week by week, and these did not sell. Freebies...they are the silkie/showgirl/frizzles and then the brown ones are Splash marans pullet eggs from her paired with my Blue CM Roo. Should be Blue/splash babies, pretty sure none are from my blacks but not 100 percent. Free but they are 2-8 days old (marans are the last ten days eggs) so they need to go fast so they'll stay fertile. She does not lay really dark eggs yet, but she just started, and the roo is good so not sure how dark the egg color would be from the chicks on the Marans scale. Pretty though! And pretty birds. I am going to test hatch her eggs in the spring and see what her offspring do in the fall as far as egg color. She is my only Splash so not any choices on whose eggs to use for that particular project.

I was actually thinking I need to try to line some more hatching eggs up. I'm on my second shot at incubating right now, first time, bought some local eggs and had 1/12 hatch, but only 5 made lock down. This time, I've set 18 from my 2 1/2 year old girls, bred by one of my two 7 month old roos. When I candled at 7 days, I'm pretty sure that over half of them are clears. So I think I'm going to try some local eggs again, but I won't be ready to set any more for about 2 weeks, so I guess I'll have to pass on those. 

 

ETA: beautiful eggs though!


Edited by frmboyinthecity - 10/21/15 at 1:18pm
 

 

Reply
 

 

Reply
post #31588 of 33121
Quote:
Originally Posted by frmboyinthecity View Post

I was actually thinking I need to try to line some more hatching eggs up. I'm on my second shot at incubating right now, first time, bought some local eggs and had 1/12 hatch, but only 5 made lock down. This time, I've set 18 from my 2 1/2 year old girls, bred by one of my two 7 month old roos. When I candled at 7 days, I'm pretty sure that over half of them are clears. So I think I'm going to try some local eggs again, but I won't be ready to set any more for about 2 weeks, so I guess I'll have to pass on those. 

ETA: beautiful eggs though!

Keep your eyes peeled here--if I get more that don't sell I 'll offer them up here for free at least for another month or so, I can't bring myself to eat them haha big_smile.png Egg sales are definitely starting to slow down the last few weeks.
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
~Lisa, the overworked pet to a bossy herd of Ameraucanas, EE's, OE's, SBELs, Turkens (one frizzled!), Barred & White Rocks, Sexlinks,  Mottled Houdans, 6 varieties of Marans, Polish, Showgirls, Silkies, Frizzles, Sizzles, and Shizzles http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/la-casa-de-pollos-member-page
Reply
post #31589 of 33121
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Casa de Pollo View Post


Keep your eyes peeled here--if I get more that don't sell I 'll offer them up here for free at least for another month or so, I can't bring myself to eat them haha big_smile.png Egg sales are definitely starting to slow down the last few weeks.

I will for sure! That would be awesome! 

 

 

Reply
 

 

Reply
post #31590 of 33121
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Casa de Pollo View Post

I got a visit from RJ today, a nice one! We had previously talked about me taking one of his pretty Sebrights off his hands...and I got this gorgeous girl here---




Thank you again RJ for a pair of beautiful babies. They were a gift to my DH...he loves the banties and since he lost his Japanese he has been looking for a little one. He came home at lunch to see them and really REALLY likes them! thumbsup.gif

You are awesome RJ! highfive.gif

Pretty girls!  I love their big dark eyes!  I love chickens with dark eyes!!!

I've been meaning you text you.  Day 14 on the eggs I got from you...not a single clear!  They all look great!  Thanks again!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Where am I? Where are you!